Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: How can I be down 60BB in 6 hours?!!!

[ QUOTE ]
No. Bonus clears faster at 1/2, and most of the decent .5/1 players

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, why so? I dropped down to $0.5/1 6m to clear my first try at a reload bonus because it's not as costly (for me) to multi-table $0.5/1. Seems to move at a pretty good clip - but is there something to consider besides this?

Mike
Old 07-04-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it could also be that your opponents have learned
your playstyle. When they have played against you in several
session, their poker-tracker database will tell them you
play ultra tight. With this knowledge they will not
call your bet/raises unless they they also have a very good starting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are giving way too much credit for .5/1 players. They like to call. Well, that might be an over generalization. Most of them like the call. It makes them happy.

[ QUOTE ]
Randomize you play more.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not good advise against weaker players. You are not playing against world class players. You don't need to "shift gears." You should mostly play hand by hand, and meta game considerations are not as important. (Sometimes they are.)
Old 07-04-2005, 05:05 PM

If you got sucked out on three 20BB hands that you had good odds to win, there goes your 60BB. Did you have any flushes get beat by better flushes or a boat? A straight get beat by a rivered flush etc? That's all it takes.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. Bonus clears faster at 1/2, and most of the decent .5/1 players

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, why so? I dropped down to $0.5/1 6m to clear my first try at a reload bonus because it's not as costly (for me) to multi-table $0.5/1. Seems to move at a pretty good clip - but is there something to consider besides this?

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence you are playing 6 max. Full ring .5/1 clears at about 60% of hands played. 6 max, surely higher, and you my friend are no slouch. Me? I love the 1/2 full, cause I cant f@#&ing beat it. <muttering> limping KK on the button, you damn fool, I'll get my money back from you! </muttering>
Old 07-05-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been playing on party .5/1 for about 6 hours now. I play all of my starting hands exactly as stated in SSH. Im trying to bet only when I have the goods although I havent floped anything good for hours now. How can i be down 60 bucks not doing anything stupid? Im not calling/raising with no outs, Im trying not to be fishy and all but still. Without doing anything crazy or stupid, im losing a lot of money. I made about 80BB the last 3 days and all of a sudden im sinking. Is this normal or what? I feel im still playing correct but i cant stop sliding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal microlimit swing if you ask me. The last two days I was down about 60BB in like 4 hours. Today I'm up over 80BB in the same amount of time.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you got sucked out on three 20BB hands that you had good odds to win, there goes your 60BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot lose 20BB of your stack in one hand, but we get your point.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been playing on party .5/1 for about 6 hours now. I play all of my starting hands exactly as stated in SSH. Im trying to bet only when I have the goods although I havent floped anything good for hours now. How can i be down 60 bucks not doing anything stupid? Im not calling/raising with no outs, Im trying not to be fishy and all but still. Without doing anything crazy or stupid, im losing a lot of money. I made about 80BB the last 3 days and all of a sudden im sinking. Is this normal or what? I feel im still playing correct but i cant stop sliding.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called variance (or bad luck if you're not a math geek). I'ts why you need a bankroll.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-05-2005, 12:55 PM

If I were you, I would have played, oh I don't know, maybe 1100 hands and then announced my retirement from the world of 5/10 6-max .
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM

yeah that's not the whole graph, but I just wanted to emphasize that a lot can happen in a few hands. I'm in the red after 10K [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but it can still easily be variance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]