Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 11:56 PM

Default What to do w/AK in a capped pot when you miss

This is a general theory question, if you are in the BB for example, have AK, capped or at least raised pre-flop, 3-5 opponents, and dont even pick up a draw, how do you approach this hand. Is it correct to bet, check/call or check fold. Obviously if you check and it is bet and raised than you should definitely fold, but my question pertains to when it is only one bet to you. Anyone have a specific strategy when approaching this hand post-flop?
Old 06-19-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: What to do w/AK in a capped pot when you miss

You did not give enough information to determine the best stratagy.You cant just say what do you do.Because you have to determine alot by the flop,your postion in relation to the better,pot odds,Redraws,And your oppents playing style.Write the example along with all this information and you will get a better reply.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:11 AM

I know there is not enough information, I am just looking for some general guidelines for what to do when you are first to act w/AK and you completely miss the flop, if I wanted an answer to a specific technical play I would have written an example.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:14 AM

The question is more general than you think. Generally, you should discount odds and get out if theres any action.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:20 AM

1) Do a subject line search in small stakes or micros for "+AK -re"

2) Read all threads

Come back and thank me in 2017. Just about every question you could imagine has been answered already.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:23 AM

I think what he's saying is there aren't any general guidelines. it all depends. I know that's not the answer you're hoping for, but it's true. I'm not going to tell you something stupid like, "you should always lead when first to act against three opponents" and neither is anybody else because it's not true. post some specific hands, figure out how to play those exact hands well, then start to make your own generalizations. and in the meantime, read the overcards chapter in SSHE over and over.