Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Aladdin/Imperial Palace daily tourneys

Hello boys and girls

I will be in Vegas in mid June and wanted to play in a couple of small touneys. How are the Palace/Aladdins tourneys in regards to structure/players.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Aladdin/Imperial Palace daily tourneys

Aladdin tourneys = filled with tards, decent structure (though the juice is pretty steep relative to online tourneys... a commonplace feature of live small buy-in tourneys), and normally 60+ players. Aladdin's MTT's are better in structure than the awful Luxor/Mandalay tourneys, and about the same as the MGM tourneys. Aladdin also spreads $45+10 Sit'n'Go tourneys on Sundays, and these are quite profitable. I played two last Sunday and won one outright, then chopped the next four ways... pretty quick way to make $360 profit in about 90 minutes. 15 minute levels and T1000 to start (25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 200/400, 400/800, 500/1k).
Old 06-08-2005, 08:09 PM

I finally got to play in the MGM daily tournament. Not too bad. Starting stack is $1200 with the add-on, but the rounds are longer, starting at $25-$25. Comparing it to online tournaments, I would say it's right in between a Party Poker structure and Poker Stars structure. (Not as bad as Party..not as good as Stars).
Old 06-08-2005, 08:36 PM

Was in Vegas last week and played at Aladdin's tourneys twice, placing in the money both times. I enjoyed my time there, the structure is solid, leaning much more toward a poker game and not a simple crap-shoot. Out of the 60 or so players there will be an equal split of decent players and donks. The breakfast tourney seems to always sell out, so if u are interested in a $45 no rebuy tourney at 10 am, register early.
Enjoy the visit to vegas

Les
ps - if u have a little more cash to invest in a tourney I highly recommend the $200+$30 at the Palms at 7PM (one re-buy allowed). Awesome structure and very well ran!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:55 PM

Are you aware that Party has a SLOWER progression of blinds then Pokerstars (more levels) which makes it less of a crapshoot in multi table tournaments? Or are you a Pokerstars apologist?

The Aladdin is a crapshoot tourney, maybe not quite as bad as an online turbo. All they care about is getting it finished.