Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: I suck HU

The limp-reraise PF would have slowed me down in this hand. Typically I only see this with A's and K's so I don't like capping it PF to a hand I think I'm way behind.

I probably just call PF, I like leading out the flop but after the raise just call, and check/fold the turn UI. I would not fold the flop for a raise, as I don't like folding on the same street I raised on.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:33 PM

Fold on flop raise.

Let me guess, he made trip 4's on the flop, turned into a full house by the river? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise PF thinking I most likely have the best hand. I reraised because I thought it would give me control of the hand (which makes no sense if I'm going to check the flop). Even if I continue my aggresion I'm not sure about this play.

[/ QUOTE ] While I can understand the argument for the PF raise as a value raise (although I personally would check here), the cap is way too much. When you say take control of the hand, I assume you mean that you hope villian will fold if he misses the flop, so you can win the pot even if you don't improve. Limp/raisers usually have really good hands (typically AA or KK, maybe AK). You probably won't be able to bet this guy off his hand regardless of whether you call or cap PF.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold on flop raise.

Let me guess, he made trip 4's on the flop, turned into a full house by the river? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this thread was dead, but since you brought it back I'll let you know that he had pocket 9's.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that he had pocket 9's.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played them nicely.

Resist the temptation to go to war in HU situations - especially in full ring games. You'll win a little and lose a lot.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:49 PM

the pf cap is absurd imo, especially OOP. The limp/rr either means AA-KK or total crap IMO. What could he possibly have that you beat by the river?
Old 06-10-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold on flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this thread was dead, but since you brought it back I'll let you know that he had pocket 9's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm ... I wonder if you had of re-raised him on the flop whether you could have taken the pot?

Probably not in Limit though ... would've been a very interesting NL hand for him though. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Cheers mate,
SDM