Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 04:14 AM

Default QQ leads to odd waters

A friend of mine told me to post this hand. This was at the end of a session, as I was getting hungry. To be completely honest, at the time, it pretty much sent me into tiltmode, so I was glad it was at the END of a session. After cooling off and looking at the hand a bit, I have a turn question...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Standard.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Here, I'm pretty much surprised, but I'm beating a lot of hands with a ten in them (maybe something like AT calls a raise preflop and likes the flop as he has top pair) I hope the 3 bet is standard as well.

Turn: (13.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Here, I check as the only rational hand I can figure someone playing this way is a hand with a ten, BUT, I could be wrong...

River: (15.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

So I bet into his trip tens and he calls down.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Again, looking at this some time after I played it leads me to want to bet into him on the turn, not the river. If he has the ten, he would gleefully raise it, no? (so, my line is to fold to a turn raise here) If he doesn't have the ten, then perhaps he folds. Any thoughts on this? Any other lines I haven't considered?

-Alpha
Old 05-25-2005, 05:14 AM

Default Re: QQ leads to odd waters

Bet the turn, call down if that clown raises. If he doesn't, value-bet river.

But why bet the river when you check/called turn? He'll raise with a Ten.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:29 AM

MP1 is likely not 3betting preflop with any hands that have a T unless it is TT. I am slowing down after I'm raised on the flop. I put him on KK or AA at that point and check/call to showdown.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:37 AM

Thats confused me (But im a beginner).

Maybe AQ/AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Or a maniac holding nothing.

Looks like a missed flush on river, But could it be JJ, AA and scared of the K river?

ATs would maintain agression aswell as Tx but not cap preflop.

Interesting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Look forward to result,
p.s. I'm a beginner.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:42 AM

Bet this turn, forget rationality, you're playing party .50/1
Old 05-25-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is likely not 3betting preflop with any hands that have a T unless it is TT. I am slowing down after I'm raised on the flop. I put him on KK or AA at that point and check/call to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

but wouldn't [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]overcards play this flop the same? i think i'd just call down after he caps. and just check/call the river.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here, I check as the only rational hand I can figure someone playing this way is a hand with a ten, BUT, I could be wrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain could play it like this with a pair and a flush draw, maybe overcards and a flush draw, straight flush draw, JJ for an overpair, and bottom 2 pair. Of course he could have worse or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to dump the hand again an unknown, at the same time I think he has us beat more often than not so I check call down. Seems weak though.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're putting way too much likelihood on a T in his hand.

What about JJ or KK or AA?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ATs would maintain agression aswell as Tx but not cap preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look closer folks. MP1 3-bet the flop. MP2 called 3-cold, then the PF cap, then capped the flop.

With the correct read, I'd guess maybe he was pushing a flush draw. Without any reads, the cold-call and the flop agression make me believe I'm up against a set (55 or 33) or possibly he thinks his JJ, 99, or 88 is good until you bet into him on the river with TTK on the board.

I lead the turn, call a raise, and check-call the river.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:18 PM

MP1 3-bet preflop, but is just calling down postflop. MP2 is the aggressive one postflop. Did u miss that? I did at first.