Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 08:09 AM

Default I can now see the Party network falling to 2nd or 3rd place

Even the fish eventually learn that there are other sites our there. Party marketing may draw them in, but they will eventually try some other sites, and find them better.

With the Party skins now scrubing their membership lists, fish are going to be caught in the net too. Word will spread about their heavy-handedness, fish will hear and be rightfully afraid of Party.

Once someone is part of the online poker world, you hear about stuff, and each heavy handed move by Party will make the rounds in ways we can't even imagine.

Marketing can't trump word of mouth. The good sites will prosper and Party will not (unless they fix their act) and no amount of marketing will save them in the long term.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: I can now see the Party network falling to 2nd or 3rd place

Essentially Party will be marketing for online poker in general because they can't keep the players they rope in happy. Word does spread, and the negative shite spreads further and faster then good stuff.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Essentially Party will be marketing for online poker in general because they can't keep the players they rope in happy. Word does spread, and the negative shite spreads further and faster then good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, new online players (within a month or two of starting) are going to Google "poker" and find information (RGP, other forums, etc.) in which other sites and Party behavior is discussed. This is just what I did; I was just good at picking the best forum to read (as all of you did too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).
Old 05-06-2005, 08:22 AM

I just licked my nuts, i didn't know I was so flexible.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:42 AM

Where...exactly...are these players going to go for ring games?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:10 AM

Hmmmmmmmm so far nothing happens...i got my rakeback.....and my accounts are not closed.........but IF for me its .

tourney ...Stars
ring games........AP and cryptos
Old 05-06-2005, 11:44 AM

I could see them going to Full Tilt over the other sites. The chance to play with the pros, the incredible bonus(like they'd look at the T&C of it). With Full Tilt's WSOP marketing team on full blast, I can see them getting up there within a year.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:57 AM

You guys are dreaming. Party poker is the 800 pound gorilla, and nothing will change that in the forseeable future. If anything, the IPO will make them even more powerful, as they will have access to unlimited capital markets to drive marketing expenses. Let's face it, we play on Party because the action is great.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we play on Party because the action is great

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been playing there lately? There has been a trend towards tighter and tougher games from at least 1/2 to 3/6 that I am aware of.

PokerListings.com used to rate Party a "10" for easy to beat games... now they are a "7" with other rooms ahead of them in fishiness... I dont know their motivation or system for ranking is, but its in line both from my personal experience, and the experiences of others I've read on this board.

Just extrapolate for an minute. There are about 3 other rooms with over 2k players a night. IF all the bad players are at Party, then there are lots of "great players" battling each other out on the smaller sites. Doesnt make much sense..... Whats really going on is the good players are all at Party (with bad players too) earning (or used to be) rakeback and maintaing a good BB/100.

Mediocore to poor players get beat up on Party and gravitate to the secondary rooms where they find themselves doing better against the weaker competition.

There was a time (2 months ago) where I believed Party was untouchable. Then again I used to think that about Paradise. Actually, I felt a lot stronger about Paradise being the king forever back then.....Party is slipping...
Old 05-06-2005, 12:22 PM

Party does have the MOST games. But I don't believe they have the best action. And if you're looking for above 15-30, they're obviously an inferior choice. I used to play them exclusively, but I haven't played there in a good four months. This social security number nonsense is even further incentive not to play there IMO. But I go where the action goes. If Party adds bigger games and gets better, I might return.

Jeff