Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Party Steps and rakeback

Im wondering if I for example have a rakeback at party, and i win a freeroll to step5. When i use my freeroll i still pay rake, but will party count it towards my rake?

in that case i would think playing steps would be a goldmine with a rakeback. You would enter for say $6 and before you bust make $50 in rakeback. And u still have a chance to win money.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Party Steps and rakeback

I wondered this too, i hope someone replies...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:49 AM

i believe it counts
Old 04-28-2005, 11:03 AM

I don't know for sure, but from looking at my stats on my affiliate account it looks like they count. I have several people signed up under my account and party now just gives you a lump sum for the whole day. But on the day that I played the steps my revenue was much higher then it normally is. I only paid cash for one entry into a step 2, and played ended up playing about 30 freerolls.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im wondering if I for example have a rakeback at party, and i win a freeroll to step5. When i use my freeroll i still pay rake, but will party count it towards my rake?

in that case i would think playing steps would be a goldmine with a rakeback. You would enter for say $6 and before you bust make $50 in rakeback. And u still have a chance to win money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this has been explained before, but here it is again. Yes, the Steps are a goldmine. They are a goldmine for Party Poker, and the players that are buying in at the level 5, who can feed on the fish that swim there way upstream. If you are good enough to work your way up from Step 1, then you are good enough to beat the 10's, 20's, 30's, 50's, 100's and 200's. If you are not good enough to beat all of those levels, then you are wasting your time, and will eventually be knocked out after bouncing around, and have missed out on the "opportunity cost" of playing a level you can actually beat vs playing for rake. Lets say, you make it to the mini Step 5. You invested $6, and got back 1+2+5+14+30=$52 x .25= $13 is a $7 profit. Not that good for the 5 hours +- you spent to get knocked out in Step 5. Now lets say you are a solid $10 player, and you play 5 $10, and get 1st, 3rd, and 3 OTM's. That -$55, +$50 + $20 + $1(Rake back)= +$16 profit. I just pulled some random, but realistic numbers, and you can see that you would make 222% more money, than playing the Steps. But don't let me discourage you, if you think you can beat them, go for it.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:18 AM

To get any kind of good overlay on the 2 table original steps I think you would have to start at the 11/1 level. Otherwises rohjoh is right. But even for somebody who is good enough to go from the 12s to the fives is probably making a mistake because of the opportunity cost.

What's the difference between you rohjoh and the other guy rojosox? Just a coincidence?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Rohjoh, pronounced roe joe, kind of like flo jo, ho jo, but when I write it as rojo people think I mean "red".

My three year old did come up with Rojosox's screen name, he learned all of his colors in Spanish, and rojosox was visiting from Boston. Jared asked my son his favorite color, he said rojo! Thus was born rojosox. So Jared, you are welcome for the screen name, and I only ask a 5% commision on all your winnings under that screen name.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Jared, you are welcome for the screen name, and I only ask a 5% commision on all your winnings under that screen name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nickback?

GG
Old 04-28-2005, 11:34 AM

5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not an assist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NaranjoSox
Old 04-28-2005, 11:37 AM

oh also... wasn't that help in the 100/200/mini step 5 good?