Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 02:02 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Post flop profit maximization. (Flush draw comes through)

[ QUOTE ]
i am aware, it doesnt change things much. Maybe 2%.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're only saying this because you're looking at your unbelievably biased poker stove results

he has a 3 outer. the preflop raiser is a LAG. no one else raised preflop. people usually raise AK. how often is someone going to have AK? certainly not over 1/2 of the time like you're suggesting, and certianly not every time like your sim indicates
Old 04-25-2005, 02:04 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Standard? Why wouldn't you lead the flop, hoping to trap BB and UTG? You were lucky that MP/CO pumped the flop and UTG tagged along, but this will not happen very often, and allowing CO's protection raise (or raising yourself) is inferior to betting out when the raise folds UTG and BB, as it often will.

[/ QUOTE ]

protecting your 9 high is critical in big pots. straight out of HPFAP
Old 04-25-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop, look at your position compared to the preflop raiser.

I dont like the FPS on the river, board pairs and you are trying to drive everyone out with a checkraise? Just bet out and hope a Queen raises you so you can 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that better
Old 04-25-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Equity

I am actually skewing it towards hero. Here, I will make it more objective. But in reality this is fake too, because with CO raising and others calling leads me to believe that some outs are counterfeited and more than 1 person might have a piece.

Board: Jh 2d Qh
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 38.5167 % [ 00.38 00.01 ] { 9h8h }
Hand 2: 12.8273 % [ 00.12 00.01 ] { random }
Hand 3: 12.8461 % [ 00.12 00.01 ] { random }
Hand 4: 22.8344 % [ 00.22 00.01 ] { TT-88, AKs-ATs, A8s-A6s, KQs-K7s, QJs-Q7s, JTs-J8s, T9s-T8s, AKo-A6o, KQo-K9o, QJo-Q9o, JTo-J8o, T9o-T8o, 98o }
Hand 5: 12.9754 % [ 00.12 00.01 ] { random }
Old 04-25-2005, 02:11 AM

so if you can get two people to pay an extra bet, that's 3/4 of a sb right into your pocket

a secondary benefit of betting (not necessarily against this guy since he's a LAG) is you might induce him into raising and taking a free card on the turn
Old 04-25-2005, 02:11 AM

Did you also consider that they are morelikely to call when closing the action rather than call when bet into with the PFR behind them?

The best line is to check and call and 3-bet a c/r from your left.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you also consider that they are morelikely to call when closing the action rather than call when bet into with the PFR behind them?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok you have a good point. if the 2 to act after him are loose then I like betting better. betting and getting raised is free money. I don't think you give up much later on by playing it like that now
Old 04-25-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think alot of players with decent pairs will be scared of someone having trip queens. also, you may very well find that the co has trip queens and will raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Co wouldn't raise me with trip Queens (probably 90% chance he calls and closes with me leading a bet when the flush card completes on the turn, but with the LAG acting before him and who Im certain will bet and have him call with the Q I can them trap them both for a double bet.

I was obviuosly betting the river on a blank.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:40 AM

I understand the whole equity thing, but A, isn't this an action flop if youve ever seen one? My bet can lead to an isoraise then Im staring at 9 high draw OOP, granted i have a bazzilion :1 odds to call but can I maximize $$ that way? Im never check raising that flop unless BB bets and they all call.

Nice to whack a hornets nest with a stick before you go to bed. Surprised at all the flop discussion cause Im still quite sure that is an easy check/call or check cold call situation.

Turn is just awesome.

I actually thought about the river once they all callled on the turn, MP was still in the hand, so thats what swayed the river bet into the river checkraise and Im quite sure the CO has a Q of some variety, and Im also quite sure MP would in fact bet.

Funny thing he folded. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 08:40 AM

Bunky, I really like the River. It was a creative play.

IMO, leading the flop is best. There is only one player between you and and pfr that you could potentially be shutting out. You want the callers between you and pfr, and as you say this is a action flop... so I think you will get plenty of callers. You gotta like the flop, and with your equity being what it is and your good relative postion to pfr.... I don't understand not leading at the flop.