Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Default thoughts on doyles room

i made a deposit on there last week and i am down about 10. is this a rock garden or does anyone know? also i have not recieved any bonus.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: thoughts on doyles room

I have played on a skin (Platinum) and thought they were some of the worst players I have ever seen. I played mostly 2/4 -5/10 full games. As for the bonus, I think you need to have a certain number of "action" points before it is released. Not sure if it shows anywere. I remember they have a live chat, and were pretty helpful when I had a few questions. Plus, with the points you earn, you can play in freerolls daily; some up to $1500. In my two weeks there I won 2 of these which both paid close to $500. Maybe that helped with my enjoyment of the place.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:50 PM

players on Tribeca/Apex skins are generally very poor and profitable.

unfortunately, the "Action Points" bonuses on this network suck as well. it's basically just 100% rakeback on the hands which you contribute directly to the pot (which is actually even worse than "true" rakeback which counts all dealt raked hands overall). so you don't make any money in the end except from actual play.

you will get your deposit bonus once you've fulfilled the entire WR. At low limits this will take quite a while so you might actually be better off just abandoning it and playing elsewhere.

unless you get something extra on the side for signing up at an affiliate like PSO or Boogster, I would not bother playing at any Tribeca skin just for the deposit 'bonus'. and definitely do not do the SS2 offer - otherwise you're essentially paying $100 of rake to the site in exchange for a book you can by on amazon for $23.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:24 AM

imho site sux ass like the rest of the small sites.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
players on Tribeca/Apex skins are generally very poor and profitable.

unfortunately, the "Action Points" bonuses on this network suck as well. it's basically just 100% rakeback on the hands which you contribute directly to the pot (which is actually even worse than "true" rakeback which counts all dealt raked hands overall). so you don't make any money in the end except from actual play.

you will get your deposit bonus once you've fulfilled the entire WR. At low limits this will take quite a while so you might actually be better off just abandoning it and playing elsewhere.

unless you get something extra on the side for signing up at an affiliate like PSO or Boogster, I would not bother playing at any Tribeca skin just for the deposit 'bonus'. and definitely do not do the SS2 offer - otherwise you're essentially paying $100 of rake to the site in exchange for a book you can by on amazon for $23.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post. That's some good advice right there.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:55 AM

when I got my 10000 AP, it took 25 hrs of two tabling .25/.50 and .10/20 NL and 2677 hands to get the copy of Super System 2.

Of course, this was before I knew it was gonna be sold in stores, and at the time, rumor was it wasn't gonna be, and I like my hardcover edition better then that soft cover crap anyways. Even made myself a few hundred dollars profit -

having done that, I'm proud of my play, but gawd, that was brutal - I'd just cough up 40 bucks now that it's really out.

RB
Old 04-14-2005, 04:00 AM

I propped on platinum, others have already mentioned it's the same network. It was an unbelievable deal, the only prop site i've had a shot at where there were pretty much always 2 10/20 tables going (often more) AND the players were atrocious. This was, I dunno, maybe 9 months ago.

Unfortunately the management of platinum had some difficulties with the prop agreement and the deal terminated fairly quickly.

2nd
Old 04-14-2005, 02:27 PM

what is "prop"
Old 04-14-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is "prop"

[/ QUOTE ]

a prop player is one who is contracted by the site to play there. they play with their own money, but the site does pay them an hourly rate.

cheers!