Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: I think I colluded and now I\'m pissed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I am in the BB and dont want my BB stolen I type in I call any 2 any time. Is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the player asking him to fold was NOT in the BB. There were two short stacks, one not playing and the other in the BB. The other large stack told him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im saying I say that in tourneys when I dont want my blind stolen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it at all relevant to the current discussion?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:08 PM

sure, its not really ethical.. but i woulda done the same thing in a situation like this, i [censored] hate when people sitout like that just so they can finish in the money.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sure, its not really ethical.. but i woulda done the same thing in a situation like this, i [censored] hate when people sitout like that just so they can finish in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose it's a borderline situation, very close to 0 EV and you don't know if it's +EV. I'll go ahead and argue then that it's correct to punish those who would reduce your edge against them by sitting out over those who allow you to outplay them on the flop.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 PM

This seems like a bad idea on another account as well. top 3 in the money, so, you wait for the non playing seat to bust out and then all 3 of you are in the money, with third making practically nothing.

If you knock the live player out on the bubble, then the dead seat is an easy knock out in third for at least an easy second place finish, increasing your winnings a good percentage.

the live player actually has a chance to come back and beat you, even if it's not a good chance.

Ethically wrong as well.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:30 PM

Unless you typed something like "ok Ill do that" to the guy then I dont really see the problem here. I mean you could just as easily have had 72o and not wanted to call the bet and folded. Plus its not like the guy sitting out was there to see any type of collusion and he has 0 possibility to actually prove it.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you typed something like "ok Ill do that" to the guy then I dont really see the problem here. I mean you could just as easily have had 72o and not wanted to call the bet and folded. Plus its not like the guy sitting out was there to see any type of collusion and he has 0 possibility to actually prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. You can press the fold button whenever the hell you feel like it.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. You can press the fold button whenever the hell you feel like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing an SNG, I notice my friend is in it also. I pick up KK in EP. Suddenly I get an instant message from my buddy who is in LP "I've got Rockets!!!!". I did not request, nor desire this message. I do NOT want to collude.

Can I fold?
Old 04-01-2005, 02:54 PM

[quote}Playing an SNG, I notice my friend is in it also. I pick up KK in EP. Suddenly I get an instant message from my buddy who is in LP "I've got Rockets!!!!". I did not request, nor desire this message. I do NOT want to collude.

Can I fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

This play will get your account frozen and confiscated quickly. All of the big sites have software in place to try and detect collusion. There is no situation that you are going to fold KK before the flop for 1 bet.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:07 PM

the bigger question is why the hell you would fold your SB there. collusion is generally done when you have something to gain. the fact that the other guy was sitting out means you should be running the short stack over, since he has even more incentive than usual to try to fold into the money.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:02 PM

See the flop as cheaply as possible, and bust him if you hit your set.