Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: What I dont get........

good point angrycola......I have suspected pacific of manipulating those pre flop numbers too. But it is soooo friggin loose in there at 1/2limit. Maybe thats why i'm spoiled by the site, because its by far my biggest moneymaker ( I rotate between the big four sites; pp,ub,stars)......yes, customer service, software, slow payouts are horrible, but iv'e always gotten my money in the long run. Thanks for the response.....good comments
Old 03-15-2005, 04:54 PM

1) I agree that certain bonuses are not worth chasing. Party skin bonuses (and Stars these days), however, are terrific.

2) Agreed. I like moving up, but I'm not as gung-ho as many posters here.

3) One table actually *hurts* my play because I will be bored out of my mind and go on tilt. Did you begin as a B&M player? Might explain why you've played for 4 years but aren't comfortable multitabling.

It's just something you get used to. I am optimal at around 3 tables of 6-max, but I always play 4 because the miniscule amount I lose in BB/100 is more than made up for by the extra hands.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:04 PM

A $10/100 raked hands bonus is the equivalent of about 7 BB/100 at $.5/1, and 3-4 BB/100 at $1/2.

You simply aren't going to increase your winrate by this magnitude playing at sites with worse players. The difference in skill level between say Absolute 1/2 and SportingBet 1/2 just isn't that great.

With regards to points 2 and 3, again ... it depends on why you play poker. If its to maximize your single table BB/100 number, then your points are again valid. If its to maximize your $$/hr, then multitabling at higher limits is a no-brainer.

I think as you move on to 3/6 and above, your point becomes very valid.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Hilarious Multitabling comment

[ QUOTE ]
You cannot play your premium poker when doing this. I prefer total focus on the task at hand and watching the other players actions is nessesary to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
after 4 years of playing, I can mop up pretty well at 1/2 limit on a consistant basis

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need focus and concentrate that hard on a single 1-2 limit table at Party to mop up? Within 2 rounds you should be able to figure out who is playing ABC poker and who doesnt know what theyre doing. There is no gamesmanship at this level, youre not playing against Negreanu... by the way, what exactly is "moping up" at 1/2? If you could beat the games for 3BB/100, but you only play 1 full table, you are lucky to get in about 50 hands or about $3.00 an hour after 4 years of playing? And you prefer to avoid a bonus which will pay back double about 3 times this amount in that time?

Seriously dude, you need to rethink your plan.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think any multi-tabler that is being completely honest will disagree with this. the idea is that you give up some EV but make it back in volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

well...i'll disagree. what you give up is situations that are marginal and could be + OR - EV, but you have to really spend time navigating to determine which. if done correctly, i don't think this actually has any affect on win rate. the marginal +EV situations you give up are balanced by the marginal -EV situations you avoid.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:11 PM

About your points 2 and 3

Some people play poker to improve and play better. For them focusing on one or two tables is great. But they must move up in limits to keep improving.
Other people play poker to make most money at their limit of choice. If they don't want to move up, how else are they going to "give themselves a raise?" Only by adding more tables.
The first and second type aren't necessarily two different people. Many people can improve their skills by playing multiple tables.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Hilarious Multitabling comment

Well here's the gist....... I'm a carpenter making $28,000 a year with 4 kids.....hence the plain simple style of poker. Aint gonna be any major BR swings with me; I have too many resposiblities..... My post was merely a way of saying that while I may not be interested in being a shark, plankton like me can make a decent profit at this staying within limits.

Yes playing one table is BORING. (ok ive been known to play 2 tables at once sometmes....life in the fast lane). I still make a nice solid profit. I started with $150 Jan 1st......its now $1100. My biggest downswing was probably $200 at most. I have averaged about $2,500 last 2 years after payin my dues the first couple of years (i.e. losing)...Remember yer talkin to a guy makin $28,000 a year here; thats big money. For me simple and solid (1/2; sometimes 2/4) affords a nice stress free way to play this game at my income level. It's turned into a pretty sure thing and moving up merely adds BR fluctuation, stress and formidable competition I'm not interested in getting into with my lifestyle right now. If I wanna go for big bucks I'll play a $10 multi tourney.

I guess with my stlye of playing I prefer to maximize every cent and the multitabling does not allow me such a strict control over my play......4 kids runnin around and I'm gonna take on 4 poker tables? I'd be dead meat in no time.

As for the bonus comment.......I'm sorry but I do feel that bonuses can 'stagnate' certain (usually small)poker sites with rocks for the few weeks following it's introduction; then things loosen up a bit. It merely costs me too much time to sit and grind with the other bonus whores; I want a loose table to maximize my time and feel some bonuses (abosolute poker for sure) kill this.

Once again thanks for the comments; I knew a few of ya would whoop up on me.... but maybe a newer member to this site will see that someone out there can succeed at this staying plain and simple.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again thanks for the comments; I knew a few of ya would whoop up on me.... but maybe a newer member to this site will see that someone out there can succeed at this staying plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you might overstate any animosity anyone would have toward you. I might (and do) dissagree with a lot of what you say, but seriously, if you are playing the way you want and in a way that makes you happy, that is really all that matters, and i think most posters here would aggree.

Good luck, and keep enjoying poker.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:46 PM

Great post. Great thoughts.
I'm not going to "whoop up on you," but I'll just add my voice to the chorus that sings "a party skin with a bonus is better than pacific without one" and I'll do a little solo of "don't worry about not playing at absolute or pokerroom or not multitabling, just do your own thing and make sure above everything else that you're a good dad, and congratulations in advance on earning a 20% bonus this year (your +$1100 poker winnings annualized and divided by $28k)!!!" It's a nice little tune, and I think it might catch on.
-web
Old 03-15-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the bonus comment.......I'm sorry but I do feel that bonuses can 'stagnate' certain (usually small)poker sites with rocks for the few weeks following it's introduction;

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize that for a Party $200 bonus, you just have to play break even poker for 8 hours assuming 2 tables and you make $200 (roughly 2 days of work based on 28k a year)

Youve posted here for help, we are all trying to help...... give it a shot our way for a month and see how you do. If you havent chased bonuses in the past you can ean $1000 EASY just in bonuses during the 1 month trial...... See what your kids say when you take them to Toys R Us and blow $500 on them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]