Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Mechanics for Multitabling SNG\'s (Timing & Breaks)?

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000683034381/
Old 03-08-2005, 10:15 PM

I do 4 party 200s on my dell, 2 empire 200s on my lap top...ehh need a another screen fast

Im just starting up again, only played 2 days of 200s, already got in around 80 games, I can put in the hours in this game, only way to avoid me is by sitting in my seat...
Old 03-09-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is for me as that way I am in the same stage so I won't be folding A8 on the bubble on one table and pushing with KT on another in level 2 by mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, same here. i fire up all 4 at one time to prevent accidents where i thought the blinds were higher than what they were and pushed because i thought i was shortstacked.

it only took 1 $30 accident to learn my lesson.

if i'm out early (lvl 1/lvl 2) in one of the games, i'll fire up another one. as soon as any of my games hit lvl3, i wait till all are over b4 i start my next set.

of course if u never get confused and can play mixed levels, then start a new SnG as soon as you get eliminated.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 AM

OK, even with just 2 tables, I'm now convinced that starting them at the same time is simply easier:
<ul type="square"> [*] Since the games are at relatively the same level, its much easier to keep the importance of specific hands in perspective, [*] You don't have the issue of ramp up or slow down times[*] It creates discrete sessions so it's easy to schedule and avoid the wonderful urination devices thoughtfully shared by the 2+2 community :-)[/list]I was convinced that doing multiple end games were such a limiting factor that you couldn't start all of the games at the same time.

Thanks again.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for the record, so u can get an idea, i play 8 tables at the 55 and 109 level. may jump to 12, who knows. need another monitor tho..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Raptor-
Is 12 tables possible? Party doesn't let me open more than 4 tables at once, so I assume people have to use Empire just to play 8 games. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Zipppy
Old 03-10-2005, 12:46 AM

well, having 6 tables all on the bubble is a b*tch. but that's rare for me. most of the time 1 table is faster than the rest, and 1 is slower. and/or i busted out early in a table or 3 [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2005, 12:49 AM

intertops and eurobet. there are a bunch of sites out there. u gotta use 3 to 12 table. i would have to get a new account and get a rakeback deal set up. but yea, its definitely possible. holla