Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Someone want to clear my pokerNOW bonus for me?

I will not be able to play the next few days. Drop an email if you're interested. *note* since Feb 6 was yesterday you'd only have two days to play it (depending on how early you email me) mcsheu@gmail.com. I'm looking for a 50/50 cut, but negotiateable. Email prefered, not sure if I'll see PMs
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Someone want to clear my pokerNOW bonus for me?

[ QUOTE ]
I will not be able to play the next few days. Drop an email if you're interested. *note* since Feb 6 was yesterday you'd only have two days to play it (depending on how early you email me) mcsheu@gmail.com. I'm looking for a 50/50 cut, but negotiateable. Email prefered, not sure if I'll see PMs

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically you want to give someone the log and pass to ure account.....heh, good luck with that one man
Old 02-07-2005, 07:07 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

I agree with Alobar. This ranks right up there with giving a random stranger the keys to your car and some cash, and asking him to go fill the tank for you and bring it back. You might find someone who is both willing and trustworthy enough to do this for you. But the odds are against it. I think if you can't clear the bonus yourself, you're much better off if you forget it.

-Mike

Of course, my troll/sarcasm detector might be in need of yet another adjustment....
Old 02-07-2005, 07:24 PM

This could be a two way scam. The Mickey could lose all the money in his acct PLUS the bonus to a crook - not to mention that a crook could change all the passwords and email info, etc.

AND if Mickey makes the player deposit his/her own funds in order to clear the bonus, Mickey could go yank the funds after a deposit. Either way it's a risk not worth taking.

I'm not saying either would happen BUT the risk is certainly there.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:34 PM

you guys are right. I'm deleting the post.

**edit**

hmm can't anymore. Just disregard

**edit2**

though the person could change the pass, clear the bonus, leave an agreedupon amount in there and change the pass back. ::shrug::
Old 02-07-2005, 07:42 PM

Or the person could change the pass, clear the bonus and clean out the acct...
Old 02-07-2005, 07:58 PM

if there is a good freeroll or overlay tourney that I can't play myself, I can pass the duties to my trusted "sub" player for a 50/50 split of the winnings. it's pretty easy to change the passwords on party skins to a temporary login, and then change back when finished. I don't leave any idle cash in the account and I make sure the tourney regs are set in advance before handing it off.

I have never needed a sub player to whore off a bonus for me, since most reloads last at least a week and I only deposit what I think I can play through on my own. I don't think the PokerNOW superbowl reload is worth stressing out over, just let it go. the majority of 10x bonuses out there (Paradise, Absolute, UB) don't have expiration dates, so why jump through hoops on a party skin at double the rake at low limits? Besides, so much can happen in 1000 hands even if you played yourself - how can you trust what really happened if your shill player return you a 100BB loss even after the bonus is cleared?

regardless, your sub player should be someone that is your friend in real life, or at least an in-person acquaintance that can be deemed trustworthy. I definitely don't think it makes sense to solicit strangers on the internet.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:33 AM

You have understandly attempted to delete your post, but I'm going to reply nevertheless.

Your arrangement was 50/50, so I guess the player who takes over your account gets 50% of the net profits? (bonus and winnings)... or is it just the bonus?

Most interestingly, what happens if this stranger loses all your money?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:38 AM

Or he could withdraw everything and leave the pending bonus behind. Give someone the username / password and ask them to change the password. Afterwards deposit / clear the bonus, withdraw everything but $50 and send the new password back to OP.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:56 AM

plus the guy clearing it could give his empire password as 'collateral'.

So the guy who is having it cleared for him would leave the other guy's empire account open on his computer.

That's not ideal of course...but shows a certain element of trust I guess.

I still wouldn't do this with just anyone around here. But there are posters here who I feel I know well enough with whom I would be completely comfortable with this.
Not many of course....but there are a few.