Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Pokerroom

Anyone have anything interesting to say about this site. Thinking of giving it a try. Anyone know of a trusted affiliate for a deal here either??
Old 02-01-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom

I played about 4000 hands here this month clearing some bonuses. The site is decent overall.

I played mostly $1/2 limit HE. The software looks nice and ran smoothly 4-tabling. There were plenty of fish at the limits I played at ($.5/1 - $2/4) and the game selection was fairly good.

Their bonus took a little longer than most to clear due to their rake/point structure. Cashouts to Neteller were very quick and I had no problems with them there.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:26 PM

I have an account at PR and have done most (if not all) of their reloads over the last 4 months. While it's not my first choice, it is a place I will continue to play when they have reloads. The graphics have improved substantially from a horrific purple to something that's easier on the eyes. Look back a few pages and you'll see another thread on PR and people's comments about the site.

For their last reload, I played 2/4 and 3/6 and found the games to be good, though not a lot of selection. At best, they seemed to have 4 2/4 full ring tables going and 3 3/6 tables.

Their points structure results in a longer clearing time, but not as ridiculous as some sites. If possible, try to earn the points in 1 week (before Saturday) so that you can then claim a ticket into the $6M freeroll. Find the other thread and you'll see more comments about this as well.

Overall, I would sign up (obviously, since I continue to do their reload bonuses).
Old 02-01-2005, 09:25 PM

They have good bonuses but they take a long time to clear. $1-2 is probably the quickest way to clear the bonuses according to bonuswhores.com. I play mostly $1-2 limit he on here and there are always at least 5-6 full tables at any given time plus 6 max if you prefer that. The games are really easy, but the last week for some reason there have been a lot more rocks at the tables.

I don't care much for the graphics, but they have kinda grown on me over the last couple weeks.

I think it was pokerlistings.com that has a special $300 sign up bonus with poker room so I suggest you use that and definately check the site out when you get the chance.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have good bonuses but they take a long time to clear. $1-2 is probably the quickest way to clear the bonuses according to bonuswhores.com. I play mostly $1-2 limit he on here and there are always at least 5-6 full tables at any given time plus 6 max if you prefer that. The games are really easy, but the last week for some reason there have been a lot more rocks at the tables.

I don't care much for the graphics, but they have kinda grown on me over the last couple weeks.

I think it was pokerlistings.com that has a special $300 sign up bonus with poker room so I suggest you use that and definately check the site out when you get the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI the bonus clears much quicker at 2/4
Old 02-01-2005, 09:49 PM

I did the PL bonus, and it was decent. The new bonus whores deal is most likely better ($200 for 1400 points vs pl's $300 for 3000 points).
Old 02-01-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have good bonuses but they take a long time to clear. $1-2 is probably the quickest way to clear the bonuses according to bonuswhores.com.

[/ QUOTE ]
The bonuswhores chart for pokerroom is *definitely* wrong (as is the one for poker stars). read this thread on their message boards and see what you think - you can probably figure out what my username there is too.

http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4807
Old 02-02-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did the PL bonus, and it was decent. The new bonus whores deal is most likely better ($200 for 1400 points vs pl's $300 for 3000 points).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - the BW deal is better - and I did the PL bonus before the BW deal was out there.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:04 PM

I've played 5-T and 10-20 at PR for a few weeks while trying out some of their bonuses. I think the site is okay, but I abandoned one bonus and don't plan on going back. I usually found two games of 5-T and one of 10-20, sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes they were good. A few wild ones would pop up and give all kinds of action. But the core constituency is a smallish group of more or less decent, rather weak-tight players. Many can be outplayed, but they don't give up a lot of money. Without a live one, pot sizes can get stuck around 3-4 bets--sucks. And you will see the same regulars again and again. After just a few 10-20 sessions, I'd sometimes get recruited from a 5-T table to come and help get 10-20 going.

More importantly, I think the graphics are not too good, especially for multi-tabling. Everything is small and dark and it can be hard to see bets or who has a hand. And the buttons are kind of obscurely designed. I've timed out on PR much more than on any other site, by far.

Sometimes I'd see higher limit games that looked juicy, but I haven't tried any of them.