Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Whats the best online poker article you read lately??

Can someone post the link to the Phil Ivey interview?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:00 PM

This Is the phil ivey interview

Heres something else I thought was cool. Its not exactly about poker, Its about how to make a big video projector thing for about 300. (Likethose offers on Ebay but this is free) I thought it would be cool to use with a Program like Tournament Director or even cool to play PartyPoker on.
Hope this isnt too off topic.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:17 PM

Just admit it....that was not the best online poker article that you have read....and you know it. He caught onto your clever ruse....

Heres my favorite recent local (Houston) article on all the new poker pros:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...siness/2877139

After rereading......here is the best part: "To prosper at Internet poker, players must be technically strong and quickly assess the thousands of scenarios that arise -- betting aggressively on strong hands and folding when they're in a weak position." What more do you need to know about poker that one paragraph in the local newpaper cannot teach you? Oh yeah, this was not really my favorite article either - I like the Phil Ivey one more.....
Old 11-18-2004, 08:24 PM

Hiya KungFuSandwich,

It would appear I have been accused of some dastardly deed, of which I am innocent. I'll let you be the judge.

Since I am an active member of PSO ( Poker School Online ) and a relative newbie to Hold'em, AL Spath an instructor for beginners, sent those of us who requested them, two articles. Those two articles are " Heads Up Play " by Al Spath and and a post from the RGP Newsgroup entitled " Betting " by Russ Georgiev . You may or may not recognize the latter author. He's a member of the Poker Mafia. ( they too have been kicked around on RGP.

I enjoy playing SnG's on PSO but when I have made it to the final showdown I was playing miserable. Al Spath's article helped. I only glanced at the betting article ... when I was knocked out of a MTT because of my " weak " preflop bet. ( according to player who called me to the river ) Well , this time I pulled out the article by Russ and read it. Yep, I sure did bet STUPID !

Well, I went looking for more articles by Russ on RPG, but couldn't find any sooooooo , I looked up Russ using Yahoo and I found him. Try it and see where it leads you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So I ended up on the web site I told you about, I clicked on Articles and began reading ... this was Monday !!

Now I don't know about you, but I have a full time job, a Love for " PLAYING " Hold'em online and reading about poker as well. My reading is limited to ITH by Matt Hilger and any articles that seem relevent to my learning Hold'em in the here and now. Sooooo

My " best poker article (s) I read lately" is what I posted ... to you , not the conspiracy theorists who responded to my post.

It's been my experience as a Navy Retiree and avid Computer Tech, Bass Fisherman, Bowler etc. etc. etc, , that Reading and OJT ( On the job Training ) used together are formidable teaching tools. It must be true, because this "ol dog is still learning. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now I think I'll go look at the article in Cardplayer you liked, 'ell I haven't even read my last issue yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Regards,
Billy Zee

P.S. The motive of those below may be tied to the ITH discussion ... hmmm, now thats a thought. Nah, another conspiracy theory only. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 08:37 PM

Hiya again,

Yep, it's a winner. DN had a number of reprinted articles in the Aug 13, 2004 Cardplayer as well. Good articles all.
If your interested ( no, not getting anything for this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) Daniel and TJ Cloutier have a new Poker Room. I think it's still in Beta. " PokerMountain.com " . Check it out if you like, if not ... so be it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards
Billy Zee
Old 11-18-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Thanks Billy

Ive looked at every link that has posted. the article i posted did not have any great technical poker advice, I just liked the idea of party nights.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:41 PM

Couldnt get the houston artical, It said it didnt exist.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:51 PM

Default Thank you,

You have given me a reason to take some time out and check out the Archives in Cardplayer.

There are soooo many places on the Internet devoted to Poker and Hold'em especially. My Favorites list in my Poker Folder is mind boggling !!

Regards
Billy Zee
Old 11-18-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Thank you,

cool, Keep us updated on anything special you find.