Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 03:34 PM

Default MOUNT ST. HELENS Eruption, A plot by Kerry?

It is rumored that Senator Kerry has been encouraging Mt St. Helens to wait to erupt until just prior to election day. Sources inside the Kerry campaign refuse to comment on the record other than to say that it would be more proof that President Bush is unable to protect our country.

The day after the eruption Kerry plans to come out with his plan on how to have stopped the eruption. It will be available on his website. Another confidential inside source states that Kerry's plan would have included a combination of French Champagne and UN food for oil vouchers, providing of course it met the global test of worldwide approval.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: MOUNT ST. HELENS Eruption, A plot by Kerry?

I don't believe this at all.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:45 PM

Cute, but I fail to see the pertinence of your point. Also, the whole France and John Kerry line of humour is rather childish and somewhat insulting given our relationship over the years with the people of that country.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:12 AM

Good stuff!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cute, but I fail to see the pertinence of your point. Also, the whole France and John Kerry line of humour is rather childish and somewhat insulting given our relationship over the years with the people of that country.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that Kerry will go to any lengths to mislead the American public. As far as our cozy relationship with the French people I suggest you visit their country and see what kind of reception you receive. I've been there several times over a span of three decades and their attitude (in the major metropolitan areas) towards Americans is horrid.

Their political leadership cannot be trusted to keep their word and yet you seem to think they are our friends. I'd like to see how you define an enemy!
Old 10-06-2004, 01:00 PM

Nice... LMAO
Old 10-06-2004, 03:20 PM

One word for you Haliburton [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Come on, children of the motherland, the day of glory is upon us

"As far as our cozy relationship with the French people I suggest you visit their country and see what kind of reception you receive. I've been there several times over a span of three decades and their attitude (in the major metropolitan areas) towards Americans is horrid."

I do not doubt your sincerity (although you are a little on the wacky side [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) but there is simply no ground to accuse the French of excessive anti-Americanism.

Almost all the countries around the world have some degree of anti-Americanism among their people. But France is not in front by any measure.

France has been historically pro-American. One main reason was its antagonism with Britain. But French people in general were fond of American culture, both pop and high brow, before it became fashionable! Paris was the famous haunt of a large number of American literature notables, prominent among whom was F. Scott Fitzgerald. The metropolitan areas of France were full of young people digging and imitating American mass culture during the 50s, the time also of cinema's New Wave (inspired totally by French film makers and theorists) that forced a profound re-appraisal of American directors and movies, until then treated as no more than well-made trash. I can go on for a thousand words more.

It is a serious mistake to read the French as generally anti-American.

As to the country's leadership, throughout the decades, well, "countries don't have friends, they have interests". Arguing that the French leadership "doesn't like Americans" or that it is being "duplicitous" is just plain silly.

--Cyrus
Old 10-06-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Come on, children of the motherland, the day of glory is upon us

[ QUOTE ]
It is a serious mistake to read the French as generally anti-American.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps they mistook me for a Brit and if I had identified myself as an American I might have been treated better. Hell, I gave them 4 chances to become civil but maybe I overreacted to the culture. I have found many countries where being a visiting American you are welcomed with open arms but did not experience that feeling while traveling in France.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:03 PM

Bleh. Not that I care much for your point, but you made it stupidly. WTF are you doing using St. Helens? Don't need to drag something that has absolutely nothing to do w/ politics into politics.