Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 08:51 PM

Default I want to correct a general misconception here....

Over the weekend I have played about 30 hours between Empire Poker, PokerStars, and Ultimate Bet. I played some 1/2 & 2/4 LHE, and .5/1 NL HE at each site. I also played a couple $10-$30 SNG's.

Everyone seems to think that the Party skins are just loaded with fish and the other sites are much tougher games.

At the limits I mentioned, I don't think that statement could be further from the truth, and I doubt that many of the people making those statements have played on all these sites recently.

The rake at Party is the highest of all the sites at those levels. At UB you can pretty much play rake free with thier almost unlimitited amount of bonus dollar offers. The tourney structure at Stars offers the best opportunity to turn a good profit for any solid tournament player.

I really don't understand why it seems to be a consensus here that the easist and best games are at Party, thats just not the reality of it.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Re: I want to correct a general misconception here....

I can't think of an easier game to beat than the party 2/4 LHE. I dont even waste my time clearing bonuses at UB because it takes forever and I make more money playing at party with out a bonus and their high rake.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:01 PM

How do suggest that clearing the bonus dollars at UB takes forever? Maybe they've changed something since your last visit, but I played all afternoon on a 1/2 table and a .5/1 NL table and averaged about $8 hour total in bonus dollars clearing. Plus those points are worth tournament entries like Aruba satellelites or even a new 2+2 book. Thats great equity and at a lower rake. The games are not any tougher then the ones at Party.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:13 PM

just look at the avg pot size for a 1/2 or 2/4 game at party, then compare it to one at stars. At party there are several tables over 10BB/pot, at the other sites its not even close to that.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just look at the avg pot size for a 1/2 or 2/4 game at party, then compare it to one at stars. At party there are several tables over 10BB/pot, at the other sites its not even close to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never agree with the lobby numbers at Party but I will entertain your challenge:

There really isnt that much of a differnce as you can plainly see. Of course there are a lot more games going at empire, but they arent "better".

Also theres a big differnce in the software. Ive neve had a problem with the Party interface before, but after playing about 4 hours on UB and then jumping onto an Empire table, I felt like I was playing with a kids toy. The graphics are so flat and weak compared to the 3D stuff at UB. UB is not perfect by any means, but anyone thats played both will probably get what Im saying.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:56 PM

it looks like you're hiding the full tables at empire
Old 06-27-2004, 10:20 PM

Why can't you idiots ever answer the question without insulting or nitpicking the orginal posters comments?
Old 06-27-2004, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you idiots ever answer the question without insulting

[/ QUOTE ]

A well thought out post, as always.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:00 AM

I won't play party empire because of the sky high rakes. Anyone who supports them by playing there is a fool. Everyone knows that. You are getting fleeced if you play there. There's ten gazillion poker sites online now, and every single one has much much lower rakes than Party empire.

I use to play party, but when I realized I was now going to have to pay 700 extra per month in rakes than I use to, I told them to take a flying f"ck off their party poker million cruise ship. They replied and said it wasn't much of an increase to a majority of the players, and that they would offer new promotions that the rake increases would pay for. BS, I'm not paying them an extra 8400 a year so they can offer a 1500 player free roll I can enter. I'm not paying them 8400 bucks extra per year, so maybe I can play 4 tables at a time to try to win a few bucks from Lucy Jones. If they are going to penalize those who play the most because it "doesn't affect the majority that much", f'ck them!

f'ck them forever. I like many other sites much much better now. I don't miss playing there for one second. I wouldn't even consider playing there again until they lower the rakes to what is the industry standard.

F'ck them, good riddance.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't play party empire because of the sky high rakes. Anyone who supports them by playing there is a fool. I wouldn't even consider playing there again until they lower the rakes to what is the industry standard.

F'ck them, good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really like the industry standard rates at Ub. Maybe I'll open my own real money account there and play starting tomorrow. Oh geez what am I thinking? I'll just call my friend up again and play on his Ub prop account, rake free! You see? A propped site lowers the industry standard rake.. if you're special, sometimes even to zero!