Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 06:38 PM

Default 50 consecutive hand pre-flop checkup (part 4 of 5)

Ed Miller suggested that I post 50 consecutive hands (10 at a time) to help show me how to re-think my super-tight pre-flop strategies. This is the fouth 10 of 50.

(32) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero folds, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

(33) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

(34) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

(35) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Hero folds, BB checks.

(36) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero folds, SB completes, BB checks.

(37) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

(38) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises, Hero folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

(39) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

(40) Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: 50 consecutive hand pre-flop checkup (part 4 of 5)

35: I think you can complete here. Especially with the dead money in the pot.

40: I ususally openraise tens but I guess limping is not bad either.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:00 PM

I'll complete with A7 in the SB, Raise those tens.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:06 PM

Good folds, all. Most excellent.

But you need to raise those tens, IMO. Good to narrow the field with them whenver you can. And if you can't narrow the field, they are still solid enough to win unimproved enough of the time to make this very worthwhile. Never mind the great set potential.

EDIT--er... missed that A7o was SB. Well smack me twice & call me Sally [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Yeah, I'd complete that. I do complete any ace from the small blind.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:36 PM

I would raise hand 40 (TT) prolly a little over half the time. The rest look fine.

-Jaran
Old 06-22-2004, 09:10 PM

Raise with TT and complete with A7.
I wouldn't complete with the A7 unless the pot was going to be 3 way. Heads up I would raise. Since this pot is 3 way + 1 random hand, that's good enough for me.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:15 PM

Hand 35: Call (medium error). Ace-seven is clearly playable for half a bet from the small blind against a poster, the big blind, and one limper who didn't have enough hand to raise.

Hand 40: Raise (major error). I raise this hand basically 100% of the time when it isn't raised to me. With a poster, this raise is automatic. Just calling is a significant mistake.