Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 02:22 AM

Default THE FINALE....... of Another 10-20 hand....

Howdy,

First I would like to thank all of you who participated in the recent discussions.. I think overall, it ended up being one of our better ones in recent days.. And I am very glad I decided to post the whole hand and not just third street like I originally planned..

Anywhoo.. on to the RESULTS...

I called the raises on 6th, and of course Mr. "I have unlimited Ben Franklins" just went all-in for $80, which I called and everyone else. ( that capped it )

River.... I caught my miracle King which I was praying for [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] .. and I led the betting out again. I got the Q-2-2-3 to raise it to $40 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].. The A-6-9-9 just called.. I made it $60.. and both called.. A $180 sidepot...

Q-2-2-3 made Queens-full on the river.

Of course the A-6-9-9 had nines full of Aces. ( on that note I am very surprised more of you didn't have him on this hand in the last thread.. Really is the only thing that made sense )

Mr. "I now have lost more than $2000" had the flush..

The other opponent that folded on fifth with the Ace as his door.. confirmed my suspicions that he folded the other Aces.

This may have been the largest 10-20 pot I was ever involved with.. $784 main and $180 side for $964 total. ( It is very close with an Aces full hand I had several months ago.. that I failed to re-raise the river with [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] )

Final thoughts on the whole hand
----------------------------------

Now lots of you agree with how I played the hand, some of you like the way I played some of the hand and hated the rest, some of you wish I never played the hand at all..

Whatever you may think, I am %100 convinced that capping it on 3rd was the right play. ( if not then folding was the only other option ) This goes with my basic motto "If its worth three cold.. its worth a cap )

I also stand by my fourth street play..of trying to get some people out..

Fifth street is the one that I think could be debated for eternity.. First I liked my raise ( obviously I did it ).. then I hated it.. now.. well I am still unsure [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Sixth.. rather routine if you ask me..

River -- routine also...

Thanks again

CJ
Old 06-21-2004, 03:51 AM

Default Re: THE FINALE....... of Another 10-20 hand....

Congrats on the runner-runner-runner-runner, just like you planned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2004, 05:31 AM

Hi,

Yup... I planned it all the way.. That's why I raised..

Whoever said this wasn't a game of skill? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks,

CJ
Old 06-21-2004, 10:28 AM

Nice hand. They probably had to make the game 7-handed after that to make room for your chips. I don't really see the value of the 3rd street cap for deception here, but I guess someone else probably would have capped anyway. The fifth street raise seems to me to be clearly -EV.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:20 AM

Nice hit, CJ! Well played!

Am I right that this hand enhanced your maniacal image?

The third-street raise isn't merely for deception. It is also a value raise. Unless someone is rolled-up, CJ is a clear money favorite. The argument against capping on fourth street is that the hand has strong potential to become a playing loser on the later streets. I strongly disagree with CJ's assessment that it's a raise-or-muck situation. Calling is just fine.

I think you'll find that with most reasonable fifth street scenarios CJ has more than 25% equity, and that his raise therefore is +EV. He just might get a free card on sixth, so raising fifth frequently won't cost him anything.

I might have had an easier time putting the one guy on Nines full if the hand had been posted all in the same week. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] You couldn't have a five-part hand on a hold'em forum around here, even if hold'em had five rounds (OK, we're going to bet the flop, and then we're going to bet it a second time, just to be sure).

I had a starting hand of <font color="red">9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] </font> yesterday. The <font color="red">10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] </font> was on my left, so I didn't play it aggressively. My hand was complete crap by fifth. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

This post brought to you by Paulaner Hefe-Weizen.

You sure do drink a lot of beer, Andy.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:11 AM

Hello,

[ QUOTE ]
Am I right that this hand enhanced your maniacal image?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes and no.. As I posted in the very first post [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] My image was that of the tightest at the table.. and it was. ( not that I necessarily try to portray that image.. I just wasn't dealt jack in 5 or so hours.. so it was fold...fold...fold... )

However..

Not too long after this hand, I was dealt rolled 9's, which conveniently I played remarkably similar to this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Unfortunately I failed to improve tht hand when I lost to a club flush.. Go figure [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The argument against capping on fourth street is that the hand has strong potential to become a playing loser on the later streets. I strongly disagree with CJ's assessment that it's a raise-or-muck situation. Calling is just fine

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand wasn't capped on 4th.. It was just two bets. ( I check-raised ) My comments on capping or folding pertained to third street.. and I still stand by mine [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
You couldn't have a five-part hand on a hold'em forum around here, even if hold'em had five rounds

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Zee posted an excellent multi-post NL hand a few months ago.. I thought it worked well.. But generally I agree.. Multi-post HE hands would be difficult cause there are so many HE posts nowadays.. We aren't so lucky. Or are we? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I wish I could drink lots of beer!!!

CJ
Old 06-22-2004, 12:00 AM

Nuttin' wrong t'all w/the cap on 3rd, and ya gotta try to knock people out on 4th after semi-bricking. Pot's huge at that point, rest is routine dumb luck, you're defo seeing the Old Man, ni han. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]