Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 07:17 AM

Default Your Party notes has been cut

Seems like new PartyPoker upgraded client has some limitation for size of notes taken per player. And it is pretty short. I just inspected notes I have - they all, old and new are now cut to some length after my today's session. F...!!!!!!! They saved it without any warning. What a sabotage. They should alert before killing that much of my past efforts!!! The only one thing which is good - I have backup file from last week. I will import it to PokerTracker and never use that client app itself again for notes taking.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Your Party notes has been cut

Just got this:

"Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

With regard to your email, The new software upgrade has restricted the player notes to 87 characters per not per player and maximum yoiu can store in the notes.txt is 8 MB.
Because of the restriction of the characters your player notes where cut by certains words and restricted to 87 character.
We apologize for not informing you in advance about the restriction however we appreciate your cooperation in this regard and suggest you to not to create any player note more than 87 character.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sammie
Poker Customer Care"
Old 06-11-2004, 09:21 AM

I was unhappy as well, but I think they are having a problem with their client and large notes. I know it has been reported here before that people had issues starting party with a very large notes file. I have also noticed my start-up time for Party has slowly been going up, but as soon as they did this upgrade my start-up is lightning fast.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:31 AM

I was one of those who claimed about slow startup. But no, they actually did improve start-up in new version. My PP starts pretty fast since upgrade (it was 1 min before and 5 sec now). And actually my Notes.txt cut down from 300K to 250K (it was not even close to 8MB as you may see), seems my notes were already not that long each because I lost only 50K of volume, but anyway how they did it! I lost a lot of info by this cut and usually important enough.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:48 PM

good job Soleo thanks for contacting Party and clarifying this.I also had been a victim of very slow log-in times on all Party skins.Now everthing is very fast.

I dont mind paring back PokerTracker stats that I export to Party.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:31 PM

More than anything Party has done..this really pisses me off. And this is the first time I've actually considered leaving Party. Playing $215 STTs as much as I do, I run into the same players very frequently and I rely upon notes very much.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:54 PM

Party definetly should have warned people on this I agree.
If I used notes more extensively I would be pissed off also.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:57 PM

is there no reason they couldn't have given advance notice of their intentions here??

i don't even see why it should be necessary to do this.
it's just a few extra thousand extra characters of text. it shouldn't make that much difference, should it??

if i had notes on a zillion different players on stars or paradise would it affect the start-up time that much?

i'm pretty ticked about this as well and it doesn't even affect me that much. i'm not nearly as reliant upon my notes as many of the higher-limit players.

i guess some of you will have to find some sort of system to keep your additional notes on players.
obviously party has no intentions of helping you here.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:04 PM

I have an email into a guy in the development area at Party asking him to put it back the way it was. Hopefully he will listen to all the complaints.

What may have happened was that people began complaining how long it took to start the client software...not knowing that the reason for this was because it was caching the notes that there were undoubtably more of after using the advanced notes exporter. So Party's fix was to limit the size of the note for each player.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:27 PM

thanks pat.
the fact that you e-mailed the appropriate guy directly is probably far more effective than any of us just sending an e-mail to a customer serv rep that will apologize for the inconvenience without notifying anyone that might actually do anything about it