Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 09:05 AM

Default Party Poker Madness

So I have a cashout pending at Party for over three days and I decide to call to see what the hold up is.

The nice lady on the phone says

"you have been playing with us for along time and have been winning a lot. Your play is being investigated by our review team. We will let you know the outcome in 24-48 hours. We have to make sure the play is fair."

WTF - So I am a good customer who plays alot, for over a year, and win therefore I need to be investigated???

I have only deposited $200 into the place over a year ago so there is no CC fraud or anything like that.

Is there some magic number they trigger these investigations at? This month has been over 10k but I have had months like this before.

Anyone else have this problem? Also how do I talk to someone who doesn't have a script in front of them???

Thanks,

Orange
Old 05-18-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Madness

Sounds like they are on to you for using a pattern map.

Lost Wages
Old 05-18-2004, 09:19 AM

I once had a similar problem where they were holding my money. I called up support and through about 2 hours kept saying let me talk to your supervisor, eventually I got to someone high enough to take immediate action. The hey is to not accept thier crap answers...I refused to wait any longer and I told them that, after hanging up the phone the money was in my neteller 1 hour later.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:01 AM

This month has been over 10k but I have had months like this before. Anyone else have this problem?

I only wish I would have a problem like this. Seriously tho I won $350 in 3 hours of play at $1-2 a year ago, and they cancelled my cashouts. Everything, was cleared up tho in a few days so don't worry.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:16 AM

"you have been playing with us for along time and have been winning a lot. Your play is being investigated by our review team. We will let you know the outcome in 24-48 hours. We have to make sure the play is fair."

your response: "well...i didn't mean to win that much....but the players are so freaking bad on your site that there was simply no way around it."

i think this is pretty bizarre also and dont know if there is a specific amount that triggers it. seems like they have been attempting to clamp-down on potential abuses...just going about it in the wrong way.

maybe just cash-out 5 or 6k at a time in the future??
Old 05-18-2004, 10:21 AM

Anything above 2K cashouts raise a flag of some sort..
Old 05-18-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Madness - Clarification

I should clarify none of my cashouts have been above $1500. The total is over $10k...Still no luck getting naybody on the phone.

ORange
Old 05-18-2004, 12:08 PM

Sounds like someone you played against probably defrauded them. They are probably making sure that you are not involved. If you are not then you will be fine - nothing to worry about...

John
Old 05-18-2004, 12:20 PM

You've got to sympathize with Party. It must be really difficult to distinguish between chip dumping and the normal play of at least half the players on the site.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:52 AM

Default HAHAHA another Phone Call

So I get to a "supervisor" and kindly ask for my money to be released (in this case it is $725). She says I have to wait for 24-48 hours for the investigation to be complete, etc..etc..etc..

I say to her "I have been playing on here for a long time and you still have $10k of my money sitting in your account - why can't you send me the $725?"

The response "sir you have cashed out over $48,000 this year - we have to make sure your play is fair"

WTF - so if I am a scammer I can withdraw 48,000 but not a penny over????

This is really pissing me off.

Orange