Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2004, 05:01 PM

Default VIP Points

Empire says this is now viewable through the poker client, anybody try this yet and does it increment??

VIP Page
Old 02-26-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: VIP Points

[ QUOTE ]
Empire says this is now viewable through the poker client, anybody try this yet and does it increment??

VIP Page

[/ QUOTE ]

i have 453. which means i need 4500+ to become a member.

what exactly does being a member entitle u to?
Old 02-26-2004, 05:17 PM

When I use the client I am directed to a page that tells me I need to sign on. It is the "My Account" page where your options to deposit, check bonus, transfer funds, and cash out are. Nowhere on that page is there an option to check my VIP points.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I use the client I am directed to a page that tells me I need to sign on. It is the "My Account" page where your options to deposit, check bonus, transfer funds, and cash out are. Nowhere on that page is there an option to check my VIP points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine originally sent me to the vip section, then for a day or two it started doing what you are explaining. However, the next day it magically fixed itself.

rJ
Old 02-26-2004, 08:04 PM

How many raked hands are 1 VIP Point?????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2004, 08:14 PM

Kimble

Unfortunately empire wont tell us exactly how many raked hands/$$'s deposit/tournaments played equals how many VIP points. Furthermore the consensus here is that we dont think even they know.

rJ
Old 02-26-2004, 08:47 PM

they awarded me the 5,000 points out fo the kindness of their hearts and i have earned around 90 points or so since then....playing a bit there and other places (paradise bonus, etc etc).

they also say i have earned 220 points in the last 30 days (or something like that) which roughly corresponds with the amount, in dollars, that i get back from my 50/50 rake rebate.

i play mostly 1/2 and 2/4....up to 4 tables, some of them short-handed. also play 10+1 sng's.

my approximation would be around the range of 100 hands per point or something like that....as i make roughly $1 per 100 hands on my rake-rebate playing 2/4.

i know a few others have attempted to follow their point-progress more closely than me and may have a better idea.

i think the previously stated theory of empire having a giant room with all their players names on it. empire has hired a monkey to roam around the room and whenever the monkey poops on your name you get 39 points. something like that anyway....and that idea of the point structure may be more accurate than mine.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:02 AM

I've just been looking around the site for the first time and was surprised to find that I've already earned 5 VIP points without playing a hand.

The only account activity has been my initial deposit of $500 so it looks like $100 deposited = 1 point.

I get the feeling this will be the only time I can estimate anything about this scheme with any certainty!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:35 PM

I just burned off the $100 Bonus in 4 hours or so and my VIP balance went from 5000 to 5069.

69 points that's it for depositing a G and playing 600 or so raked hands-seems pretty miserly to me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 02:28 PM

i did the same, but got only 35 points..woohoo