Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 12:51 AM

Default ACR kill off their last surviving supporter.

Well, I mentioned a while ago that if they tried to run off with my PBs then they would be more stupid than I gave them credit for.

I now declare, they are more stupid than I have given them credit for,(and so am I), as they have stolen over $600 of my promo money.

I knew there was a deadline to 'save' the old system, but I logged in before that date.
Anyway, all is not lost, if I deposit some more money, I can try to earn back the money that I earned once already lol.

First person to say that the new management is smarter than Torstyn gets a kick in the backside.

Lori
Old 11-21-2003, 01:20 AM

Default Re: ACR kill off their last surviving supporter.

I now declare, they are more stupid than I have given them credit for,(

They have since emailed me and proposed a solution, although I am not sure if I will be better or worse off than before the theft, I am confident that it is at least in the right ball park.

Lori
Old 11-21-2003, 01:34 AM

new management is better with Nick than Torstyn [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

just kidding good luck Lori
Old 11-21-2003, 10:25 AM

Now, now, I won't even try and argue with you about current management's stupidity, mainly because I agree with your POV, but we've actually scrounged up a $2/4 game, which is the minimum needed to release promobucks at an acceptable rate, the last two days in a row there. Please don't kill the momentum. $2/4 and above games at ACR have been rarer than a McDonalds in New Delhi lately.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:46 AM

yes good luck with that any limit hold'em game $1-2,$2-4 ,$3-6 burns off promo-bucks at a decent pace compared to the torturous pace of the NL/PL games.I may start to play more sng's and mtt's at ACR if ring games hold up burning new PB's is not such a hassle!
Old 11-21-2003, 12:02 PM

Default Question in good faith

Why do you play there?

I mean, if it's a hassle, and they don't spread the games, and management sucks, why play the site at all?

It would have to be just for the promo buck thingy, right?

Is this the phenomenon I keep hearing about known as "bonus whoring?"

If so, it seems like a lonely, frustrating life, sitting around at virtual tables waiting for Johns, your pimp (ACR) lurking in the shadows, waiting to steal your hard-earned money.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there IS a better reason not to go to sites where the only question is what limit to play, and which of the tables at that limit to sit at.

Please enlighten me.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Question in good faith

I had the same question. With so many choices, why stay with a bad one?
Old 11-21-2003, 03:24 PM

Rushmore and Aragon she said she had a decent amount of PromoBucks there ..thats why Lori is ticked off .If small limit he ring games are there you could probably burn them off quickly Lori and pocket your PB's quick if things work out.I know you dont like limit holdem so play the nlhe games..problem is those games burn off new or even old promobucks very very slowly.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you play there?

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally I still have over $1000 in promobucks there which I've calculated I release at a rate of about $5/hour when playing $2/4 level or above. That is small potatoes for many people but the extra 1.25 BB/hr return is not a bad incentive for me. I will admit that lately my results in the games that I have managed to find there have been less than stellar. I don't know if I play differently because I'm playing with PB's or what but I'm barely breaking even playing there the last few months. In fact its the only site I've played in recently that I can't do at least ok on. I can't even use pokertracker to find a leak, assuming that is the cause.

I guess one reason I like playing with PB's is that playing with real dollars is somewhat stressful, particularly when I'm losing them. OTOH, I don't feel the stress when playing with PB's so it is almost like taking a break when I play there. Of course, that could account for my recent results, but I really don't think so because the one statistic I can compare to Party, % of flops seen, is pretty close on both sites.

Old 11-21-2003, 09:25 PM

Why do you play there?

I don't, which is why I had $705 old-style Promo Bux lying around from the days when the promotion was good.

However, about once a month, I do the rounds of all the sites to make sure I haven't missed something worth a look, last night I checked my ACR balance to find it had gone.

Maybe there IS a better reason not to go to sites where the only question is what limit to play

It doesn't take long to sneak around the sites and take a look at what is going on where.

I take a break for a few minutes every couple of hours or so, it certainly isn't a negative EV way to fill one of those breaks.

Lori