Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Play from the blinds: Q5o

BB is a 2+2er, and knows that I am too.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t600) <font color="white"> Ac Ad </font>
UTG (t620)
UTG+1 (t1085)
MP1 (t1715)
MP2 (t695)
CO (t1755)
Button (t480)
Hero (t1050)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t55</font>, BB calls t55.

Turn: (t170) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t105</font>, Hero calls t105.

River: (t380) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t215</font>, Hero calls t215.

Final Pot: t810
Old 12-05-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Play from the blinds: Q5o

You took your shot on the flop and it didn't work. Why would you put any more money in?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You took your shot on the flop and it didn't work. Why would you put any more money in?

[/ QUOTE ]

pinneapple, I know you know you were the one in this hand, but I think the only real question is the river call, not the rest of the play.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pinneapple, I know you know you were the one in this hand, but I think the only real question is the river call, not the rest of the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was? What happened??? I don't remember crap when I 8-table...
Old 12-06-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was? What happened???

[/ QUOTE ]

You checked your A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was? What happened???

[/ QUOTE ]

You checked your A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch...pina coladas anyone?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was? What happened???

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, that explains it. I was trying to figure out what I could have to flat-call the flop. Sorry about that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... it was everyone else posting who questioned your other plays.

FWIW, I agree with Lacky and others that if you are going to stay in the hand at all, you have to bet the turn. I just see no reason to stay in, esp. if it was against me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i could go either way on completing pre-flop vs raising, but i agree the flop and turn are the best way to play. river is tough, but i call vs 2+2 and curse if he has a 6. i play the whole thing the same.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:27 PM

I hate everything about this hand. The only thing you beat is complete air or a 3? How does completing because it only costs 15t and pouring 375t in with 2PBK make sense in a 800 chip SNG?