Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 05:06 AM

Default QT is loser after 13000 hands

so how bad do I play them??

loose and passive table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 11-26-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: QT is loser after 13000 hands

I'm betting the river too. 13K hands isn't enough to have any grasp on individual hand win rates. I think we're talking hundreds of thousand of hands before you'd be able to get a firm number on individual hands. Especially ones that are close EV wise
Old 11-26-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting the river too. 13K hands isn't enough to have any grasp on individual hand win rates. I think we're talking hundreds of thousand of hands before you'd be able to get a firm number on individual hands. Especially ones that are close EV wise

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on all counts. If UTG was still in the hand, I'd like the river check. However, with just BB, this is a solid value bet.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG was still in the hand, I'd like the river check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on all counts. If UTG was still in the hand, I'd like the river check. However, with just BB, this is a solid value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 players are very passive. BB could easily be calling down with an ace. If he's on a flush draw he's folding here anyway, so where is the value? Barring a read that BB is a total calling station, I don't think you win half of the time *when called* on the river here.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 players are very passive. BB could easily be calling down with an ace. If he's on a flush draw he's folding here anyway, so where is the value? Barring a read that BB is a total calling station, I don't think you win half of the time *when called* on the river here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I was thinking. If he was on FD or SD or something, he will not call. But if he has A he will surely call. At the moment I didn't saw any value in betting.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 players are very passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I guess this is one of the reasons that get me in trouble! Should play very carefully marginal hands if there is resistance. Have read too much high limits posts where they will raise with nothing. Here, it usually mean business.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:27 PM

He could be calling us down with Ax. He might also be calling us down with Qx, 9x, PP, or who knows what. Missing this bet is not a 1 BB mistake, but it's -EV against typical players at this, and many, levels.

I agree that the flop raise is somewhat questionable. Was there a read?
Old 11-26-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He could be calling us down with Ax. He might also be calling us down with Qx, 9x, PP, or who knows what. Missing this bet is not a 1 BB mistake, but it's -EV against typical players at this, and many, levels.

I agree that the flop raise is somewhat questionable. Was there a read?

[/ QUOTE ]

The players that call down with any pair tend to stand out quite a bit. Since there was no read given on this guy, I'm assuming he wasn't one of them.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:10 AM

Fine. Im sure after 13000 hands you do not have enough individual QT hands to evaluate yet.