Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 07:40 PM

Default who is the carver on nip/tuck?

is it just me, or is it freaking dead obvious...
Old 11-19-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: who is the carver on nip/tuck?

I'm probably just dense, but it's not completely obvious to me. I'd say Quentin, just because he's the only guy that has the requisite traits (surgeon, wants to take Christian and SIIHP).
Old 11-19-2005, 01:52 AM

Christian's Dad.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christian's Dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I now like this theory best. No information to the contrary whatsoever, and it would make for some incredible drama and irony, considering that his dad probably wouldn't even have known he was raping his own son, Christian's reaction to finding out, etc.

Is either of Christian's foster parents also a possibility?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:59 AM

I just caught an episode I missed. Why was the son running away from that group of transexuals? I know he banged that one tranny mom, but why did they all wanna kick his ass?
Old 11-19-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just caught an episode I missed. Why was the son running away from that group of transexuals? I know he banged that one tranny mom, but why did they all wanna kick his ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once Matt found out that Eva was transsexual, he went to a tranny bar and went home with one of the dudes there. Back at his place, Matt found out the guy still had a dick (hadn't had sex change surgery yet) and freaked out, and beat the crap out of the guy. So, the dude got his transsexual friends and waited outside Matt's school to jump him.

Tuesday's episode was relatively uneventful; Sean thought about joining the Witness Protection program to run away with Nikki (the chick that had been staying with him), then chickens out when he realizes how serious the whole thing is (i.e. never being able to see his kids again). Also, Christian found out that Quentin was on coke during surgery, so Sean came and covered for him during an important facial transplant (which ultimately failed due to the patient's immune system).

I can't imagine Matt or Sean being the Carver; neither of them would ever rape Christian in the ass, nor does Sean have it in him to do hurt people the way the Carver does. Christian is a possibility, but I doubt it given that Sean was attacked and the friendship they share is very genuine and deep.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christian is a possibility, but I doubt it given that Sean was attacked and the friendship they share is very genuine and deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have any of the posters in this thread actually watched the show?

Does anyone remember how Christian got out of jail?

I better just spell this out since some of the posters in this thread either haven't watched the show or lack basic reasoning skills.

Christian leaked to a reporter that he was suspected of being the carver and he was in custody, because he suspected the real carver would be furious when he heard that the credit for his work was being given to someone else, and he would strike again while Christian was in jail, thus proving Christian innocent and he could get out of jail. And that is exactly what happened.

So, to reiterare, this means: Christian CANNOT be the carver.

Hope everyone is clear on that now.

While I'm at it, since Sean and Christian have both been attacked on-screen by the carver as part of the show, the only way Sean or Christian could have ever been the carver is if that was part of some sort of bizarre dream sequence/symbolism stuff that was concealed at the time but would be obvious later, and I just don't see any clues whatsoever that would indicate that.

I would gladly offer someone odds on Quentin being the carver, or for that matter, any other character that has appeared in the show so far. It is my belief that either the carver is his own anonymous character, or that his character hasn't yet been introduced to the show.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:20 PM

In an interview the NT people said it would be someone on the show, not a random person and that it would be revealed in the final episode of the season.

Its kit. Quentin was in atlanta for the early attacks, kit is the only character on the show who was attacked but hte attack wasnt shown, and shes crazy, and knew christian was raped though he denied it and she did him with a strap on/had access to the condom etc.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In an interview the NT people said it would be someone on the show, not a random person and that it would be revealed in the final episode of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected.

[ QUOTE ]
Its kit. Quentin was in atlanta for the early attacks, kit is the only character on the show who was attacked but hte attack wasnt shown, and shes crazy, and knew christian was raped though he denied it and she did him with a strap on/had access to the condom etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, a coherent theory.

This makes a lot of sense...it had already occurred to me how much sense it made for the carver to be a female (covers face, uses tranquilizer, disguises voice, etc.) but then there's the question of how does she rape them? Clearly we know from the show that Kit has a pussy, so then we're left with her raping them with a strap on, which I deemed to be too bizarre even for this show, but I could be wrong.

There are other issues, as well. Let's assume Kit is the carver. Why would she try to frame Christian, have him basically as good as convicted, evidence-wise, then decide to fake her own carving to make it look like someone else had done it, and then let him out? What would be the purpose of that?

Also, wasn't the whole premise of that episode the fact that the real carver became furious that someone else had been accused, and then struck again? Isn't there some timing invloved there? How could Kit have known that Christian would leak it, and how could that have been part of her original plan to frame him?

Now that we know it is someone from the show, I think it could be someone from an earlier season, maybe someone who was barely in the show at all. All of the key characters seem too unlikely unless something changes.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone remember how Christian got out of jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, right, forgot about that part.

I like the Kit theory. Although, I don't understand the motive behind carving herself up if she wanted Christian to go down for it. Also, I don't think Quentin's original practice being in Atlanta precludes him from taking fun trips down to Florida to run wild on the locals.

Rhona Mitra = hotness.