Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 01:45 AM

Default 15-30 hand blind vs. blind

Passed around to sb who limps. I rasie in bb with k9 off he calls. Flop j102 rainbow. He checks i bet he calls. Turn Ace of spades putting 2 spades on board. He leads i raise he calls. River blank he leads again i call.

I will give results and my thought process after a few responses. How did i play this hand?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: 15-30 hand blind vs. blind

It was an online pokerstars game if that matters.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Passed around to sb who limps. I rasie in bb with k9 off he calls. Flop j102 rainbow. He checks i bet he calls. Turn Ace of spades putting 2 spades on board. He leads i raise he calls. River blank he leads again i call.

I will give results and my thought process after a few responses. How did i play this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

In one way or the other. I imagine, however, that, since he posted, he won the hand.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:55 AM

BAD READ! Why can't anyone just answer how they woulda played the hand instead of spweing sarcasm and insults?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:10 AM

The really criminal part of this hand is calling the river donk after the bluff. You're never ahead. Big bluffs in small pots are typically poor as well.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:20 AM

I'm never ahead? He was bluffing. I read the situaiton correctly. He would have done the same thing with a busted straight or flush draw.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Results and thought process

He had 24 of spades. For bottom pair and turned a flush draw.

My thinking was he was weak. As i didn't put him on an Ace,KQ or big cards as he probably would have raised preflop with these holdings. Now when he bets river i think there are some hands i can beat and my hand has a little showdown value. I thought hands like 89 and q9 were very possible. He had the one hand where bluff raising the river may have been correct.But when he called the turn i though either has a draw or a hand he can call the river with. Gvien all thjat i think i may have made a mitske and should have folded on the turn. Because even though my instincts were correct the pot was too small and not worth going after especially with a corrdinated board where he could have s0ome piece of it and playwers are very tenacious headsup. But i think the decision is close. And the river decision is close between folding raising and calling which i also felt could be an intetresting discussion. Sure i look like a dope posting this hand. But if you factor the things in that i mentioned in it makes alot of the situation much closer and worth a discussion.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 AM

I fold to turn donk, or don't raise it at least. Let him bluff if that's what he's doing. Don't make it more expensive when the only hands he'll call with will be beating you, and the only hand he folds you likely have crushed.