Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Lead the turn with weak kicker?

Commerce $5 $10

I'm in BB with 10h-8d and 5 others see the flop of 10c-9s-3c. I lead out with $55 and get two callers. 2h hits the turn, do I lead again or check?

I feel one guy is on a draw but the first caller is a tight smart player who I feel wouldn't call without a 10.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Lead the turn with weak kicker?

Check/Fold. Your hand is way too weak. I would probably check the flop also.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 AM

With that many players in live game, i probably dont bet flop. If I do and get called in a couple of spots, ill shut it down. It's tough, but with that many players, tough hand to play from in front.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:46 AM

Live games are profitable for a reason. Betting out of the blind into a limped multiway pot with TPMK on that board is chip spewing, save those chips for the big pots where people are drawing slim.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 AM

Considering that a lot of people don't regard a pot sized bet as great strength (which you didn't have) in online play, you should have bet 2 to 2.5 times the pot to show them you are serious about the hand. That kills all draws unless the players are loose and if you get called you know you have run up against something strong so you can easily let go of the hand.

You didn't mention your stack size so I don't know if you were able to do this kind of move, lose the hand and not be hurt by it. If not, then you're bet post flop was good and I would just check the turn and see what happens.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering that a lot of people don't regard a pot sized bet as great strength (which you didn't have) in online play, you should have bet 2 to 2.5 times the pot to show them you are serious about the hand. That kills all draws unless the players are loose and if you get called you know you have run up against something strong so you can easily let go of the hand.

You didn't mention your stack size so I don't know if you were able to do this kind of move, lose the hand and not be hurt by it. If not, then you're bet post flop was good and I would just check the turn and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh lord
Old 11-14-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so let me get this straight...you advocate a bet that drives out anything he can extract value from...and a call/raise from everything he gets crushed by?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:31 AM

It was a move to end the hand quickly not extract value. The hand is too weak for value.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:34 AM

Yup. Hand is too weak to value bet it. So just push so they can fold and you get on to the next hand.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup. Hand is too weak to value bet it. So just push so they can fold and you get on to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO