Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:56 PM

Default T9s

Villain is TAG. 13/8 over ~70 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: T9s

nh
Old 11-11-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nh

[/ QUOTE ]

thats deep.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:04 PM

I don't like the flop play.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I acutally kinda do. This guy is tight enough to fold to a continuation bet on the turn if he calls the flop CR UI and we will force the best hand to fold. He could also be three betting PF with a PP that is lower then the J, and we can also get him to fold here. I think that its worth the possible shot to make him fold a better hand, if we don't, we still have outs
Old 11-11-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I acutally kinda do. This guy is tight enough to fold to a continuation bet on the turn if he calls the flop CR UI and we will force the best hand to fold. He could also be three betting PF with a PP that is lower then the J, and we can also get him to fold here. I think that its worth the possible shot to make him fold a better hand, if we don't, we still have outs

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're folding the vast majority of 3-betting hands to a flop c/r turn bet on a J-high board.

Rob
Old 11-11-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're folding the vast majority of 3-betting hands to a flop c/r turn bet on a J-high board.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

you may be right. more hands on the villian would be really sweet as we can then have a much better idea as to what his three betting range might be in this situation
Old 11-12-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. i like check/call on this flop and turn if we don't improve.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. i like check/call on this flop and turn if we don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is there any way we can take it down vs. AK?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:38 PM

I think bet/call the flop and donk the turn accomplishes the same thing here for cheaper.