Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 06:31 PM

Default 10+1 Tourney

I have 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in early position.
Blinds are 10/20 still the first level. My stack is 1180.

I raise to 100, one guy calls in middle position, BB reraises me to 180, I call, Middle position guy calls.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](Pot Size 520)

BB checks, I bet out 300, Middle position guy min raises me to 600 after his min raise he has 100 left so its 400 more to call his all in, BB folds, I put middle position guy all in.

I didnt like the raise because I started to think, what do I beat? I couldnt think of a hand that I beat, but I dont know. Terrible move to put him all in? Should I have folded?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 10+1 Tourney

He had Queens and the turn and river were blanks.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 PM

Can't fold after going that far.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:25 PM

With TT in the first level at a $11 MTT, I'd limp and hope for a set but fold to any big agression. You have plenty of time to build chips and don't need to put so much on TT.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:35 PM

The problem is here: [ QUOTE ]
I have 10 10 in early position.
I raise to 100.

[/ QUOTE ]
With deep stacks, you're better off limping in early position. Sure, its a 10+1, so you're more likely to get called and paid off by worse hands. However, you're going to get the most value (with the least risk) if you limp/call a raise and go for a set. You also are in much better shape on a flop like this against a single raiser in MP/LP than against a BB reraise of an EP raise (which says to me: AA-JJ or AK, a range you are probably in trouble against here.)

Anyhow, once you get yourself to the flop like this, you need to check the flop. BB checking is curious, but it means either he's missed the flop with AK and doesnt want to bet into 2 opponents OOP, or he wants to check-raise you with a higher pair. The MP raise is also curious (after his 2 flat calls preflop, its hard to suspect a higher pair), but at this point you have to call. Theres enough chance he has A9 or something, the pot is big, and the BB is out. No way to fold anymore.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With deep stacks, you're better off limping in early position. Sure, its a 10+1, so you're more likely to get called and paid off by worse hands. However, you're going to get the most value (with the least risk) if you limp/call a raise and go for a set. You also are in much better shape on a flop like this against a single raiser in MP/LP than against a BB reraise of an EP raise (which says to me: AA-JJ or AK, a range you are probably in trouble against here.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so early in the tourney Tens should be used for sets, so what about Jacks? Same type of thing? At Queens you start raising right?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2005, 05:56 AM

I disagree with the other ppl.

Raising it is fine. As for the hand, I make it 60 pf, then I can "probably" get away with an overpair.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with the other ppl.

Raising it is fine. As for the hand, I make it 60 pf, then I can "probably" get away with an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I would do aswell. 100 with TT seems a bit much at 10/20 levels and from EP. If someone raise you or come over the top you will have to throw it away so 60 is a nice amount since it's easy to throw away given that you got alot of time building a nice stack.

I would prolly limp 50% and open to 60 50% of the time here.