Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:20 AM

Default 2/4 6max capped preflop with TT and questionable flop.

MP is ultra tight and aggressive (10/10/5) over 50 hands at this point. Even though he's aggressive, I've seen him fold to people standing up to him in a couple spots.

UTG is very loose passive pf and very passive postflop (60/0/.4)

Once again, I broke the rock on left rule, and I stayed in this seat on the rock's left.

The question here is on the flop. With my rock friend capping, and an ace is not what you want to see with TT and a capped flop.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

I think it's fairly obvious that a call is the worst action here. I'm still a little bit torn as to whether a fold or raise is best here. I opted for a raise, since I felt that if MP didn't have an ace...maybe KK,QQ,JJ or 99, that I might be able to get him to fold. No fold, I was planning on taking the free card on the turn if no ten.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 2/4 6max capped preflop with TT and questionable flop.

I like a fold - you're toast against his range of hands.
If you do raise, you cannot take the free card on the turn.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 AM

I fold, I don't like trying to push people of a better hand. Never seems to work out.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:23 AM

fold flop
Old 11-03-2005, 01:28 AM

You can be pretty sure (90%+) that you are way behind here. You don't have odds to draw to your 2-outer.

A raise feels like spewing to me here.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can be pretty sure (90%+) that you are way behind here. You don't have odds to draw to your 2-outer.

A raise feels like spewing to me here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that I was most likely behind, but I didn't feel like there was an overwhelming chance that MP had an ace. I felt that if he didn't, then my preflop 3bet and my flop raise would indicate that I did have one, and his tightness would induce him to either fold or freeze to give me a turn free card.

I really wasn't trying to draw to a 2-outer, I was trying more to push him out.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:46 AM

List some hands he might have, and the number of ways. That will tell you how often he has an A and will pwn you with a 3bet. Next, give me a reasonable estimate for the percentage of the time he calls down with a PP instead of folding. Third, we've got to factor in that UTG may have a weak A that he doesn't plan on folding. I think you'd have trouble making a case for trying to fold this guy HU. Your case is in a world of pain with UTG in the pot.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
List some hands he might have, and the number of ways. That will tell you how often he has an A and will pwn you with a 3bet. Next, give me a reasonable estimate for the percentage of the time he calls down with a PP instead of folding. Third, we've got to factor in that UTG may have a weak A that he doesn't plan on folding. I think you'd have trouble making a case for trying to fold this guy HU. Your case is in a world of pain with UTG in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back on my stats on this guy in total, I have 73 hands. He went to showdown 5 times. Might take me a little bit longer to see if I can rustle up a hand showing him folding after his bet being raised. All I really knew at the time of the hand was his rockness and that he hadn't shown very many hands down.

edit: as for UTG, I figured he basically had two random cards and really couldn't put him on any range.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:21 AM

There is nothing he holds that you beat. I don't think he is folding a better hand. I fold this flop.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP is ultra tight and aggressive (10/10/5) over 50 hands at this point. Even though he's aggressive, I've seen him fold to people standing up to him in a couple spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those times that villains were "standing up to him", were they capped preflop? I doubt it. There's a huge difference between him raising preflop and folding when someone bets into him/check-raises, and trying to push him off a hand when he caps preflop.