Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 12:07 AM

Default JJ 100/200 Turn 4flush bluff

Opponent in this hand is just a bit too loose, 22/12 full ring. He doesn't play too well after the flop, in general is mediocre overaggressive in the wrong spots, too passive in other spots, and too weak in others. Ok that didn't make too much sense, but as you can tell he's not great but has a decent understanding of what cards to play.

Another thing to take into consideration is that MP2 is a terrible 42/10 or so that I have been iso-raising quite a bit. It is possible that the button has realized this.

Is this turn worth a bet? I assume a c/r is just dumb, as well as a check/call.

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: DrG is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DrG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">DrG caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">DrG bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">DrG bets</font>

-DrG
Old 10-27-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: JJ 100/200 Turn 4flush bluff

if 22/12 is loose overaggressive what is 24/14? im still not sure exactly what this shyt means but im trying to figure it out. ive won 2.53/100 over the last 30k hands (15/30 &amp; 20/40) am i destined to lose? i know that i wont ive played too long to be a losing player but im not so arrogant as to think i know everything (especially about limit).

btw, i check fold that turn and im loose overaggressive!
Old 10-27-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if 22/12 is loose overaggressive what is 24/14? im still not sure exactly what this shyt means but im trying to figure it out. ive won 2.53/100 over the last 30k hands (15/30 &amp; 20/40) am i destined to lose? i know that i wont ive played too long to be a losing player but im not so arrogant as to think i know everything (especially about limit).

btw, i check fold that turn and im loose overaggressive!

[/ QUOTE ]

24/14 is certainly too loose for playing full handed. I don't think many people will argue with me there. Being overaggressive isn't determined by these stats though. Instead that is more determined by your postflop aggression. I don't know if you're a long term winner or loser, but I would guess you are a winner but have been running good with loose-ish preflop stats - maybe tighten those up. I don't know nearly enough about your play though to tell you for sure. 24/14 is much more suited to shorthanded play.

P.S. I think the fact that you were not over confident or arrogant in your stats is a strong sign that you are a winning player, or at least will become a winning player - most losing players refuse to accept that they might be playing incorrectly.

Good luck,
-DrG
Old 10-27-2005, 01:41 AM

Default thanks doc...a little more help please

ive recently started playing on line limit after a decade of winning NL due to some "shortened leash" issues at home. ive always played extremely agg. NL from late raising any hand i would play and this is where all this lag stuff comes from.

heres a couple of plays i consider routine that might be wrong:

1. 3 limpers i raise from the button 89s. i figure my hand is playable and i just gave myself a free card option on the flop..is an extra small bet too much to pay for that option?

2. i steal from the button or cutoff with any 2 gapper or better bigger than jto

3. i resteal anyone w/ stats as loose as mine w/ any ace or any suited king

after winning for 30k hands i thought these were risky but breakeven and good for my image..are they actually risky, losing and worthless for my image? a friend and limit prop thinks im crazy but i discount his advice due to the fact that i've owned him in the nl game for years and view him as unimaginative.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: thanks doc...a little more help please

[ QUOTE ]
ive recently started playing on line limit after a decade of winning NL due to some "shortened leash" issues at home. ive always played extremely agg. NL from late raising any hand i would play and this is where all this lag stuff comes from.

heres a couple of plays i consider routine that might be wrong:

1. 3 limpers i raise from the button 89s. i figure my hand is playable and i just gave myself a free card option on the flop..is an extra small bet too much to pay for that option?

2. i steal from the button or cutoff with any 2 gapper or better bigger than jto

after winning for 30k hands i thought these were risky but breakeven and good for my image..are they actually risky, losing and worthless for my image? a friend and limit prop thinks im crazy but i discount his advice due to the fact that i've owned him in the nl game for years and view him as unimaginative.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 is ok; not standard, but certainly a play that I make from time to time. Make it T9s and it's a lot more common, JTs and it's standard.

2 is pretty standard to me.

3 is a bit loose. A2o isn't a great 3-betting hand for me unless I have a lot of knowledge about how easily this guy gives up postflop. When you say 'resteal,' too, I wonder whether you mean he's CO and you're Button, or Button vs. SB standards, etc. The lower suited kings are especially bad in this regard unless villain folds very easily postflop.

Just MHO.

Rob
Old 10-27-2005, 02:06 AM

i re #3..i dont really worry about whether they fold or raise too much post flop. i figure im starting with a better hand than them on average and i can outplay them, hubris? i dunno. seems wimpy to be afraid of someone you know will steal with as little as j9s when you hold k5s. paul phillips convinced me this is correct in re tournament play, not saying i know its correct for on line limit.

btw, i also raise utg 9 handed w/ aj and kq another play that causes my rock buddies to cringe but caffiones calling strategy hurts my head i'd rather fold.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. although opening on the button is ok depending.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes yes yes. add any ace and many kings usually also. theres a few other hands.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm. thats kinda crazy i think but i suck oop. its certainly good to mix it up especially against aggro players bc you dont want to get run over.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:58 AM

i think betting the turn and having that be the last of your money that goes in the pot seems right.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think betting the turn and having that be the last of your money that goes in the pot seems right.

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts eaxactly.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts exactly. (oops post repeat)

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]