Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2002, 03:31 PM

Default Abstaining

My wife asked me what I thought about Bush wanting to spend $135 million on a campaign for abstinence. I hadn't heard of it. Apparently the ads won't mention condoms or birth control. Do you think it's a waste of our money? And one other thing, what do you think about the odds of either of the Bush daughter's hymens being intact? They're not married, right?
Old 03-06-2002, 03:38 PM

Default Leave the Bush hymens out of this *NM*

Old 03-06-2002, 03:59 PM

Default Why should I? *NM*

Old 03-06-2002, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Why should I?

just because they're presidential daughters doesn't mean they should be subject to public speculation about their virginity.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Why should I?

i guess there daddy shoulda thought of that before he ran for public office. which automatically puts everyone under the microscope. victims of circumstance. oh well.

no way theyre virgins..haha

probably pullin gang bangs at college frat parties.

cant wait for the videos

b
Old 03-06-2002, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Abstaining

Boris is right here. Your comment about Bush's daughters is inappropriate. I think you can question the wisdom of spending millions on a stupid program without going into that. I don't agree with a lot of government spending (and think absitence campaigns are pretty dumb). But don't bring people's family into it. If anything, if you don't like a politician you might feel sorry for what his kids go through. Being a president's kid is unbelievably difficult. They didn't ask for publicity and their sexual experience is irrelevant anyway.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:32 PM

O.K., my bad. Does anybody know how to edit posts once you put something regrettable up? My point was that I would be willing to bet money on the fact that they're not virgins(I'll speculate on it in a less offensive manner). So who the hell does Bush think he is to take our hard earned money and piss it away on something so ridiculous? The moral implication bothers me more than the money, though. It looks like in this case, the Church and State are one entity.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:32 AM

kinda hard to have a human being in office without his/her morals coming into play. that's how we work, and why we vote. We could do much worse than an abstinence campaign. I mean, come on, do you really want all the stupid kids out there having kids of their own? abstinence IS the safest method, albeit the most frustrating, lonely method. sexually active people know about condoms, they know about the major birth control tools. the choice is already made in their minds. abstinence, a slightly less popular choice, is a much better choice in many instances. not only biological, but emotional and social as well.

like you didn't expect something like this...
Old 03-08-2002, 09:50 AM

All the stupid kids are out having kids of their own anyway. I sort of expect stuff like this from Bush, but I still disagree with it even though I voted for, and generally support, Bush. It is a waste of tax money. It is a sleight governmental problem, but wouldn't be if they left the problem where it belongs - in the states. The federal government simply shouldn't be involved in teen pregnancy issues in any way. I also disagree with your posts below on the religion issue and funding social programs through religions. I do think this is unconstitutional and bad policy. I also think churches who entangle themselves with governments are just crazy. They will have the government regulating them to some degree or another if they do this. It's bad for both sides. We shouldn't be wasting our money on stuff like this, although we do waste plenty on worse I must concede.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:56 PM

Default it was appropriate because

what do you think the administrations' take would be if a bush daughter got knocked up? hmmmm

it may be a whole differnet view then.

or what if one of em caught aids?

its a very viable question relating to the topic and how the administration works. id be fun to watch em scramble to put a spin on that one.

b