Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 09:32 AM

Default $650 - Diablo didn\'t know what I should do here...

Atlantis $650.

13 get seats, I think there are 20 people left at this point. There may be 19 and we are waiting for one more to bust before we get down to 2 tables. Diablo may be able to clarify on that.

Anyway, not a whole lot happening. It seems to be taking forever for someone to bust. Villain was previously pretty aggressive but then slowed down a lot. 2 or 3 orbits earlier he completes in the sb, I raise KT he calls. JTT he shoves with KJ and I doubled up to my current $40k.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1600 (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero (t38741)
Button (t14739)
SB (t15681)
BB (t81407)
UTG (t16615)
MP (t21553)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds
MP raises 3200 to 4800
Hero?
Old 10-23-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: $650 - Diablo didn\'t know what I should do here...

I'd reraise all in right here, if you double up you can sit out into a seat. If you lose, you still have about 10bb's left and aren't in complete danger. And villian might fold to the big reraise here which would get a nice chunk of chips added to your stack. Since it's shorthanded, villian has a wider range, and you have a premium hand here.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:44 AM

against his range of hands you likely have him dominated given his shortish stack/open raise/and it's short-handed and he will almost always fold and as the previous poster pointed out you still have some chips to play with if you do lose.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:50 AM

well he'd call a push w/ JJ+, AKo/Aks, and you're a slight underdog to that range, w/ pot odds and fold equity, clearly a +cEV push. But since it's a satelite, and you're in very good shape, but not quite clinched yet, i think a push is too risky. If you call, and then push over the top of any non A or K flop, you get more money into the pot by inferior hands, inferior hands like AJ might call you on the flop if they hit their J, but wouldn't have called preflop. Against AA/KK you lose the same amount you would have (unless a K or A hits) by pushing PF.

You might fold the best hand sometimes, but even after doing so, you're still going to be in great shape.

I like a call, and then pushing any non A or K flop.

edit: one thing i don't like about calling though.. it's begging the BB to squeeze you two out of it, since you can't call his push. So a read on him would help.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:54 AM

Originally I thought because it would clench a seat if he won the hand was a good reason to push but I like your reasoning. Thanks. GL in that sat. you're in now, I just missed it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 06:35 AM

I also thought this was a clear push but after your explanation i change my mind to push any non a k or 3 sooted connecting cards on the flop
Old 10-23-2005, 10:05 AM

edit: i read it wrong.

looks pretty marginal. probably just call, and see if an Ace or King comes on flop.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is weird line for JJ and below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? 3x has been standard for the last couple of hours here. He isn't gonna do anything differently w/ 21k in his stack.

[ QUOTE ]
otherwise i'd probably just fold cause you are on the bubble and will shoot yourself if you bubble again.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty dude!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is weird line for JJ and below.

Looks like AK, KK, AA.

If he has been playing loose or goofy, i push, otherwise i'd probably just fold cause you are on the bubble and will shoot yourself if you bubble again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would put him on exactly those 3 hands shorthanded with a 13bb stack? There are either 6 or 7 at the table, and even at a full table I'm not sure if I could put him on that tight of a range.

The more I think about it, the more I like exitonly's line, although its a close decision for me of doing that or going ahead and pushing all in and getting the lessor hands out of there and taking the bets+blinds. If it was a regular pay scale tourney, I'd be much more inclined to jam the pot right there, but since it's a satellite, I can see taking exit's approach here also.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 AM

i read it wrong. i read it as $48,000, open commiting yeti.

(which is more interesting.. this hand is best to just call here and see if K or A comes... then if he has something like 77 you'll take his stack anyways, but dodge overs.)