Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Is this call uuuuugly?

$2-$4, no real reads yet - sorry
Hero is MP+2 with A-Jo. 3 players limp, hero raises, LP calls, Sb and BB call, limpers call (14SB's)

Flop: 7d,9c,Qs. Blinds check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, hero calls

At the time I gave myself 3 outs for the Ace, and 1 out for the backdoor straight which gives good enough odds, but then thinking after, I think I over-estimated my aces + there's the possiblity of it being raised behind me. I think I just convinced myself this call was wrong, wrong wrong.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Is this call uuuuugly?

You have no hand and no draw in a multi-way pot. Just fold.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:00 PM

agreed, no real need for the post question come to think of it. The turn was a 10 and the river was a K for the miracle straight and I won a massive pot. Stoked!
Problem was it felt like winning a game of pool by sinking the black in the wrong pocket.
I must put this hand out of my memory for the next time a situation like this comes up.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:02 PM

I would just fold. I would count the 3 aces as 1.5 outs, since so many people play smaller aces at 2/4, so you could definately be reverse dominated. Plus, there are several people yet to act. I think the backdoor straight draw is worth even less than it seems. While you'd like to see a 10 on the turn, an 8 or K would give you a gutter that you probably would have to fold unless you can close the action on the turn.