Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Arrested Development or Married with Children
(7) Futurama 124 49.80%
(8) The Fresh Prince of Bel Air 125 50.20%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Immoral Cheater…… Really?

I was playing a HU NLHE $50 tourney on UB when my opponent got disconnected.

At the time of the disconnection he was winning 2,100 to 900 but by the time he got back I was ahead 2,800 to 200. As soon as he sat down he started typing that I was a cheater, that it was immoral what I had done, etc.

In conclusion he lost that game and was on super tilt the next game; going all-in 4 hands in a row with blinds at 10-20. I called with KK and won. The third game he had calmed down a little but was still overly aggressive as he lost that game he typed in “Enjoy your money you F’en cheater”

So his disconnect and subsequent tilt netted me $147. My questions to you are:

Was it wrong to raise his blinds knowing he was away?

What would you do?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Immoral Cheater…… Really?

If you don't steal his blinds in that spot then by the time he gets back the blinds would be so high you'll have blinded off. It's not your fault his connection sucks.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 10-15-2005, 10:39 AM

It's poker. That's standard practice.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's poker. That's standard practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...also the other player's internet connection isn't your responsibility. You just played the game the way it was supposed to be played. I would have done the exact same thing...only I would have turned my chat off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:46 AM

I remember this happened to me once, and my opponent kept telling me to give him his chips back, as if they were his by right or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Morality?

Morality and advantage play have nothing to do with each other. Well played!

HJ
Old 10-15-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Morality?

This is not even a question.

I was once playing in two $50 SnG tourneys, running 1st in one and 2nd in the other, when my power went out. Even if I'd just scraped out 3rd place in both that cost me $190. It sucked, but it happened, it wasn't anyone else's responsibility to stall until my power came back on, that's just stupid...
Old 10-15-2005, 03:01 PM

In a MTT would the table fold around to a guy who hadn't woken up in time for the tournament?

Hell no. Steal his blinds.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:43 PM

if it was 3+ handed i wouldn't consider waiting (although i also wouldn't openly collude w/the othe rplayer to divide up his chips)

but in headsup matches i wait. call me a puss if you want. i didn't used to, but KrazyKanuck at UB waited for me in a $200 HU match where the blinds were high enough that he could have gotten all my chips, i thought it was pretty cool and I do the same now. +life EV.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it was 3+ handed i wouldn't consider waiting (although i also wouldn't openly collude w/the othe rplayer to divide up his chips)

but in headsup matches i wait. call me a puss if you want. i didn't used to, but KrazyKanuck at UB waited for me in a $200 HU match where the blinds were high enough that he could have gotten all my chips, i thought it was pretty cool and I do the same now. +life EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were playing football and you were running down the sideline with a guy clsoing in on you but then he tripped over his untied shoelace....would you stop and let him tie his shoes before you started running again?

Do you think a Nascar driver would stop and let a guy gas up after running out of gas?

What about a tennis player whose racket breaks during a crutial point?

The guys equipment failed. Its his responsibilty , not yours.

A long time ago I was watching Moneymaker playing a heads up match for $1000 at Stars. The other guys connection went down and Moneymaker was way ahead and he started chatting waiting for the guy to come back. He said in chat "damn, I cant believe this, Im not going to get paid now". I asked him what he meant. He and the other guy were playing a $1000 heads up SNG because thats the highest they had, but they were actually playing for $5K. They had agreed on a $4K sidebet on each SNG and also agreed that if one of their connections went down, the extra $4K was void. If you had some aggreement like this with a guy you played alot, then thats one thing....barring that...its his problem. Take his money.