Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 06:43 PM

Default PP jackpot

So the Party jackpot is growing to a record high? What a nice coincidence for them. I guess this is part of what we call in this forum "variance".
Old 10-12-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: PP jackpot

LOL, interesting point. Only Dikshit knows the truth.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:50 PM

Your suggestion that Party is manipulating the cards in order to grow the BBJ is absurd.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your suggestion that Party is manipulating the cards in order to grow the BBJ is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absurd? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't take the unbearable responsibility of being 100% correct. Especially on something that you have minimum connection and knowledge. I mean you are not Dikshit, are you?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Absurd? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't take the unbearable responsibility of being 100% correct. Especially on something that you have minimum connection and knowledge. I mean you are not Dikshit, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is absolutely absurd. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to make those kind of adjustments to an RNG?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is absolutely absurd. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to make those kind of adjustments to an RNG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, there's a reason it's a Bad Beat Jackpot. I only have about 50k hands of poker under my belt but I've had quads a number of times and a straight flush several times (including two Royals!) and all those times I won and wasn't exactly up against someone with a hand that would've qualified for a BBJ. So I'm sure it is something that is pretty friggin hard to hit. Lose with Quad 8's or better, using both hole cards, what are the chances you even get a hand better than that and then someone else has to have an even better hand. Yeah I'm sure Party rigged it, because this should be hit every other day...

Oh and the official record according to Party is $739,621 which oddly enough was hit this year on my friggin birthday (Jan 14).
Old 10-14-2005, 05:42 AM

I hit the table share a couple weeks ago, and yeah, you're right. I don't think I'd ever seen a hand that would have qualified before, let alone been on the giving or recieving side of the beat.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:53 AM

I've never seen a hand that would have qualified either (although I could have been on a table when one happened and just not noticed it).

Normally I think it hits roughly once per week or so (???).

If there are 100 tables running and I'm on 5 tables then I have a 1:20 chance of being on the winning table if I just decide to play non-stop and never sleep until it finally hits.
I've run into a couple of players who I believe have slept VERY little in the past few days (since it was $250k or $300k or so).
One of the guys was asked if he had slept much in the past couple days (because we had ALL seen him like non-freaking-stop) and he said 5 or 6 hours total this week (and I am inclined to believe him).

Quite a few of us were chasing after it when it got to over $700k back in january.
I think slept through it actually being hit though.

You have the same birthday as my sister (JAN 14).
Old 10-14-2005, 09:09 AM

Last November on Election day, I was playing $3/6 BBJ table, flopped quad 10's, dude hit running 9's. Jackpot was around $80,000 at the time. 2 weeks later on a $5/10 jackpot table, dude had bottom end of a straight flush and another guy had the royal. I get $5000 for watching that one.

Also, I was playing $5/10 6 max a few months later and won a hand where I had a straight flush over straight flush (both of us using both hole cards). No jackpot of course, but it was a jackpot eligible hand if we had been playing on the BBJ tables.

I think you can search by my username for posts around November 2004 in the archives and find the hand histories.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, there's a reason it's a Bad Beat Jackpot. I only have about 50k hands of poker under my belt but I've had quads a number of times and a straight flush several times (including two Royals!) and all those times I won and wasn't exactly up against someone with a hand that would've qualified for a BBJ. So I'm sure it is something that is pretty friggin hard to hit. Lose with Quad 8's or better, using both hole cards, what are the chances you even get a hand better than that and then someone else has to have an even better hand. Yeah I'm sure Party rigged it, because this should be hit every other day...

Oh and the official record according to Party is $739,621 which oddly enough was hit this year on my friggin birthday (Jan 14).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that absurdly easy?

PP could shuffle the hand through its RNG and then have a program check the hand before it's being dealt to the players to discard ervery hand that possibly hits the jackpot, right?