Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 06:43 PM

Default 10-20 NL Stars, Hands with Joker and Hookz!!! Bac to back.

K, before i post the two hands, I must say this, I have long maintained the Stars 10-20 plays a lot diffrent then the 5-10, a lot more swings and more LAGGY. The player groups in the 3-6 and 5-10 and even 2-4 interchange a lot,but the 10-20 is a different ball game, So IMO I need 200K (100 buy ins)to play this game right.I know I have used the players nick's here, but they have been used b4 in these threads without them objecting so I dont see any problems with doing that. BTW i respect both players a lot , and they do play a lot different from each other.

I am stting with $6890 in MP, while Hookz is probably UTG OR UTG +1, stack sizes are roughly similar.
He raises to $80 I smooth call with 10 - 7 of diamonds, I called cause I was on a good run at the table and playing pretty good post flop (had ran up $800 in to $6800), so plus with a hand like 10-7 of diamonds i knew I could determine by the turn what hand Hookz had (big pair or AK etc)if the flop "touched me" not "hit me", and thus would be able to fold or move him off his hand depending on the action.

Well the flop is MONOTONE ( I think Q 6 2 Diamonds), BINGO!!

He bets the pot, I call, turn is a black K, he bets a lil less then pot ($480 or so) i call again, i think he hit his set on the turn and my plan for the river is as such, I think he has KK with the K of diamonds, if the river pairs the board or brings the fourth diamond I muck, if not well he will check and I will bet like $2k.

the river brings a blank .......... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Hookz bets $2K (in to a $1600 pot) ...... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss please.

Two hands later (I wont reveal stack sizes here as it maygive out the last hand).

I raise with K 9 unsuited, Joker calls from the button, the rest fold.

Flop is Q J 10, I bet pot Joker calls.

Turn is blank, i bet , Joker smooth calls again (the pot or something to tht effect)

River is blank (Igot the second nuts) , I check ............................... JOKER PUSHES ALLIN !!!1
Double wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Discuss, thanks in advance for all replies.

take care.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 10-20 NL Stars, Hands with Joker and Hookz!!! Bac to back.

make it readable.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So IMO I need 200K (100 buy ins)to play this game right

[/ QUOTE ]

heheh. nh.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:09 PM

Hand 1: Call.

In the future, raise your baby flushes on the early streets.

Hand 2: Call, because you can't raise.

In the future, avoid K9.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I smooth call with 10 - 7 of diamonds, I called cause I was on a good run ... (had ran up $800 in to $6800)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a great reason!

[ QUOTE ]
i knew I could determine by the turn what hand Hookz had (big pair or AK etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case, why does this thread exist?

[ QUOTE ]
think he hit his set on the turn ... i call again [with my flush]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, OK.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:57 PM

that was awesome watching you get busted by jokers AK [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. GL with that.

edit, you should really read the HH. Joker pushed on the turn after you bet and there was no river action.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that was awesome watching you get busted by jokers AK [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. GL with that.

edit, you should really read the HH. Joker pushed on the turn after you bet and there was no river action.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right I got the action mixed up on the second hand.

i am glad that you were entertained or found it "awesome" that I got busted ..... i'll try and see if I can oblige you further with more self destruction in the future.

Take care.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:15 AM

I'd call on both hands, but also I'd never play these kind of hands. They're bad hands cause they get you in exactly these kinds of situations, where your "nuts" is maybe not good enough.

So yeah, by the way you played it (kinda slowplaying it) you are forced to call.

K9s/T7s you can maybe raise to steal blinds from button or CO, and play very carefully if they call..

never from MP

also to play on the 10/20 game you should need about a 40k bankroll. you can even multitable 6 tables with this bankroll and it would be fine assuming you have a fair edge (over 4bb/100) on the game.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also to play on the 10/20 game you should need about a 40k bankroll. you can even multitable 6 tables with this bankroll and it would be fine assuming you have a fair edge (over 4bb/100) on the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on my play with OP, it is highly unlikely that he is a winning player in the 10/20 on Stars. With good game selection, being a small winner at 5/10 isn't out of the question.

Just my two cents...

ML4L

PS If I remember the hand in question with TheJoker, not only did all the money go in on the turn, but I think that there was at least one raise postflop as well. But, I might be mistaken...
Old 10-10-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on my play with OP, it is highly unlikely that he is a winning player in the 10/20 on Stars. With good game selection, being a small winner at 5/10 isn't out of the question.

Just my two cents...

ML4L

PS If I remember the hand in question with TheJoker, not only did all the money go in on the turn, but I think that there was at least one raise postflop as well. But, I might be mistaken...

[/ QUOTE ]

ur rt, Im nt a "WINNING" plyr at 10/20, and i have the hand prbly mixed up, BUT dosent mean i cant gt there. So the reason I m one this forum.

PM me ur SN if u may, if u wish tht is.
Take care.