Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which 2+2er could lead a country to war and win?
Evan 13 16.25%
Al Capone Jr. 28 35.00%
BisonBison 32 40.00%
PokerBob 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Should I keep driving Strippers?

Ok, quick overview of the situation.... I am 38, and have been driving strippers for a small company here in Chicagoland since 1997. Its a part time gig that usually only happens on the weekends, and from April-Oct(wedding season). At first it started out like it sounds like it would be..FUN! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] But then as time went on it turned into what it really is, another job. Now the money was good, I got paid 25$ a show for walking in the door with the girl, and then whatever she tipped me out at the end of the night(No..no - freebies[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) I could make anywhere from 100$ to 400$ a night, life was good for awhile.

All the time I was doing this I had a wife who did'nt mind as it was bringing in $$$ to the household. Now its 2005, and I stopped driving this past summer, I just cannot stand dealing with the drunks, and the bitchy girls, and the money has gone down hill overall. Heres the problem, my wife is having triplets, and we could use the extra money again. This will mean me working a long week, then going out again on the weekends to work even more..see the family less...etc. So I ask OOT should I...
Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Should I keep driving Strippers?

Find a game you play for money from home and get good at it.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:10 PM

If you think drunks and strippers are too much work how do you expect to handle tripletts?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:12 PM

Its not that I dont know, or havent handled the drunks...its that I am sick of doing it..driving hours and hours a weekend, dealing with tons of drunks/druggies i don't know...trust me, its not as fun/easy as you may think
Old 10-06-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not that I dont know, or havent handled the drunks...its that I am sick of doing it..driving hours and hours a weekend, dealing with tons of drunks/druggies i don't know...trust me, its not as fun/easy as you may think

[/ QUOTE ]

I owned two night clubs for eight and a half years and have spent plenty of time hanging in strip clubs. Compared to tripletts it will seem like a walk in the park my friend.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:10 PM

Is "driving a stripper" anything like Favreau's character in Made?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:13 PM

Why is there no option for getting a different job?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:29 PM

Its not my main job..its strickly a side job. At first i did it for extra cash, and it was kinda fun..but as I said, it got very, very old. My main job could still provide for the family, just NO frills at all. P0k3r would be almost unheard of.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:14 PM

I think that it really depends on how much the money really means to you. If the extra couple of hundred bucks a week means that you've got your rent covered for the month, then I think you've got to stick with it. If it just means that you can get a nicer suit or go to dinner more often, I don't think that it's worth it.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:44 PM

I did this for a summer- a couple of female freinds decided that they should be strippers (dumb). I got a simaler deal- like $40 per trip (drive 'em to a motel or residence, wait in the car while they did their thing, look threatening when the guy came to the door to let them in, etc). it was good money, but very uncomfortable and probably very risky.

There was never a problem with a customer, but i'm sure there would have been eventually. I think it's too risky to justify for that kind of money.