Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Does one ever develop an immunity to busting late in a tournament?

I always feel like I just got kicked in the gondads. Does that ever stop?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Does one ever develop an immunity to busting late in a tournament?

Unless you're constantly making real bad decisions (and even then) you'll break through a few times... lots of ups and down in these.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:10 PM

I am a extremely hard on myself when I do something stupid to lose. In that instance I want to feel like I have been kicked in the nads so I don't do it again. Sometimes I have a buddy punch me in the arm so I can have a reminder of my donkish ways.

What I am really referring to are instances when I played my A game, although I can usually identify a few hands that I could have improved on, then bust out in the top 1-5% of the field. I understand 21 of 2k is an accomplishment but *$&%, it burns like fire.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a extremely hard on myself when I do something stupid to lose. In that instance I want to feel like I have been kicked in the nads so I don't do it again. Sometimes I have a buddy punch me in the arm so I can have a reminder of my donkish ways.

What I am really referring to are instances when I played my A game, although I can usually identify a few hands that I could have improved on, then bust out in the top 1-5% of the field. I understand 21 of 2k is an accomplishment but *$&%, it burns like fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I play great and bust out of a tourneament deep I feel awful. When I have played like a tool, I say "Self, you deserved this."
Old 10-06-2005, 05:00 PM

I'm the opposite, I don't have much trouble taking a loss when I get sucked out on a 3:1 , 4:1, 9:1, whatever, but if I pick a bad spot or make a bad play, I'm extremely hard on myself. I had three tournaments in a row where I was THE bubbleboy in the first two ( AK vs AJ, AJ vs AT ), and then third tournament, on bubble, my AK vs AT (lost again obv), but I had guy covered and slid in for approx. my buyin. Two tournaments later, AQ vs AJ, KXX flop, Q turn ( at this point I am already pumping fist), and you know what on the turn. I didn't even realize I was out until about a minute later, and all I could do was laugh. I feel good knowing that I was able to get my money in with the best hand/best odds each time, and I try to stick with that outlook. Sure getting sucked out on can sting a little bit, but its a whole lot easier for me to shrug off than when I know I f***** up.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I play great and bust out of a tourneament deep I feel awful. When I have played like a tool, I say "Self, you deserved this."

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. Though I would assume the ratio of how far we are to when we bust out is slightly different.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I play great and bust out of a tournament deep I feel awful. When I have played like a tool, I say "Self, you deserved this."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you have the almost the exact same feelings, perhaps my attitude isn't unhealthy and a hindrance to my future success
Old 10-06-2005, 04:04 AM

As long as I can say that I got my money in with the best of it when I busted and that I played my A-game, then I can accept my losses. If I make a big mistake that busts me, then I want to pay someone to kick me ass.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:52 AM

You mean you guys aren't regularily making final tables? I thought we were all good here???? I mean you can't win them all, but you should be getting to the FT a good % of the time.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:02 AM

4.1% FT's since august