Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Preflop question. I thought I was done with these two years ago.

Online 5-10 game, game is way out of shape, because of the 80/40 wackjob who is in the BB this hand. There are three slightly loose players to my right, who all fold to me with A8 of clubs. To my left is a collection of 15-20s, and I think that I might be able to isolate the BB with a raise, and potential threat of a 3bet by the BB.

Like so many of my plans this works perfectly, NOT! All but one of the players to my left coldcall, then the button raises. The SB coldcalls 2.5, and of course the BB caps it.

So I'm likely getting 11-1 on a call of two more. What the heck do I do here?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Preflop question. I thought I was done with these two years ago.

11:1 with position to raise right after LAG BB sounds good to me.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 PM

Edit: Nevermind I didn't notice the coldcaller.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 PM

Easy call.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:59 PM

Sounds like everyone wants to play with WhackJob00 and he just likes the extra action and capped it to save himself another round of betting.

I call.

I can't imagine that it's a bad mistake to complete here and see the flop, discounting your ace outs. I also have to imagine your call will help give proper odds to the rest of the table to see the flop; especially when they already called two cold.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:01 PM

6 handed I am seeing a flop. The hand could be pretty tough to play post flop since you will be stuck between the maniac and the button the pot is to big to isolate the BB so this hand could turn into a real train wreck post flop your ace isn't worth crap. But on the flip side you should win a big pot if you do make a flush.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:09 PM

Default results.

[ QUOTE ]
6 handed I am seeing a flop. The hand could be pretty tough to play post flop since you will be stuck between the maniac and the button the pot is to big to isolate the BB so this hand could turn into a real train wreck post flop your ace isn't worth crap. But on the flip side you should win a big pot if you do make a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so anyway I called. I wasn't completely sure that it was a good idea.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, I call, a couple callers, button raises, SB folds, BB reraises, I call, folded to the button who caps it, and the BB and I call.

Turn. Some little red card, you don't actually expect me to remember all the details do you? Same action, those two cap it again.

River J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB bets, I raise, Button and BB both call. Button held KK, BB 99.

I win a pot about the size of the average monthly income in the Phillipines.

Even getting 11-1, the preflop call seemed a little suspect to me, if I flop a draw, it is probably going to be a little expensive to see it through, and I could very well be drawing to less than 9 outs, because of the high likelyhood that there will be sets out there with this action. At least this one worked out. Thanks everyone for the responses.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: results.

Too bad that club hits the river.

I think the preflop call is fine, especially considering that the other players will likely call behind you.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: results.

Nice hand and great post Bob.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:14 PM

Easy call. You're basically playing for the flush here. If an ace falls, you'll prob have odds to call flop, depending on the action. But you'll prob have to lay it down on the turn UI.