Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM

Default KK vs. possible rock

villain is ~9/2/1 after 60 hands

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: eviljeff is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">eviljeff raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, eviljeff furrows his brow

against an unknown this is an instabet, but this guy's stats made me pause. granted, I only have 60 hands on him, but if he is a rock what do you think his hand range is at the river?

I'd say..
99 (or less likely 44 or 22) - afraid of flush
TT-AA
non-nut flush - fearing nf
slowplayed nf

anyone bet the river and fold to a c/r?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: KK vs. possible rock

I check behind. Eventhough I find it strange that he didnt CR the turn if he had something.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:12 PM

If you think this guy is a rock, why go nuts on the flop?

Edit: When you raise and reraise he's often folding the hands you beat and punishing you with the hands that beat you.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on the flop, with 35% chance of making the 2nd nut flush I think I easily have equity to cap. this is gone by the river.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on the flop, with 35% chance of making the 2nd nut flush I think I easily have equity to cap. this is gone by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I don't think you have the equity it's that I think you may get him to fold a worse hand, especially if another heart comes.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we don't know for sure what he's got, so I don't think we do have equity. In retrospect, based on his turn &amp; river play, it appears we did. If we play this exact same hand again with him, then we have equity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 04:14 PM

bet the river.

he could have many hands here.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:18 PM

This is tough but I think you've got to bet it. One other hand I could put him on is a 9 and the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. After all, he's really only done one aggressive thing in the hand (3-betting the flop). If he's slowplaying the nut flush like this after you capped the flop I hate his play. The only problem is I really can't think of many hands you're beating that will call here. Maybe JJ, QQ, A9, possibly 9Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? So I guess the more I think about it I check behind.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:24 PM

bet the river. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9x would do this wouldn't they? i just don't know if i'd call a river bet if i had only 2nd pair.

so we're hoping for that or a goofy played QQ,JJ. bet/fold sounds like a good line to me.

edit: ha! i just read GME's post and i pretty much echoed him except i came to a different ending suggestion than him, but still funny.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9x would do this wouldn't they? i just don't know if i'd call a river bet if i had only 2nd pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a 9% VPIP putting in 1.5 SB with an A9o to a pre-flop raise. Ever. Basically think all the hands we raise pre-flop with, he calls with. All the hands we cap, he raises.

KO