Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Regarding BGC\'s School Bus Picture

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/...lanco001.shtml

[ QUOTE ]
Hours after the hurricane hit Aug. 29, the Federal Emergency Management Agency announced a plan to send 500 commercial buses into New Orleans to rescue thousands of people left stranded on highways, overpasses and in shelters, hospitals and homes.

On the day of the storm, or perhaps the day after, FEMA turned down the state's suggestion to use school buses because they are not air conditioned, Blanco said Friday in an interview.

Even after levees broke and residents were crowding the Louisiana Superdome, then-FEMA Director Mike Brown was bent on using his own buses to evacuate New Orleans, Blanco said.

The state had sent 68 school buses into the city on Monday.

Blanco took over more buses from Louisiana school systems and sent them in on Wednesday, two days after the storm. She tapped the National Guard to drive them. Each time the buses emptied an area, more people would appear, she said.

The buses took 15,728 people to safety, a Blanco aide said.

..Blanco...realized she had made a critical error.

"I assumed that FEMA had staged their buses in near proximity," she said. "I expected them to be out of the storm's way but accessible in one day's time."

It was late Wednesday. The buses wouldn't get to New Orleans until Thursday. By then, many of the sickest and the weakest were dead or dying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will O'Reilly or Hannity ever allow this information onto their programs?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Regarding BGC\'s School Bus Picture

What is it in the content that makes you think they wouldn't? FEMA wanted to use their own buses? For the Mayor or Governor to say to FEMA, "Why don't you use ours?", is like the first wave of an attack telling the second wave not to bring their own weapons -- "you can use ours."

Why didn't they use theirs?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:00 AM

Here you must not have read the post:

[ QUOTE ]

Blanco took over more buses from Louisiana school systems and sent them in on Wednesday, two days after the storm. She tapped the National Guard to drive them. Each time the buses emptied an area, more people would appear, she said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2005, 12:12 AM

Read that quote again -- and then answer these questions -
Why is it that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and FOX never saw them?
Do you believe this is Delayed Memory or CYA?
If it's true, the press was an absolute failure -- I'd like to know if it's true -- so that I can check who's telling the truth, where did the buses go?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:27 AM

You're right. Rupert Murdoch, GE, Sumner Redstone and the Left-Wing media must be stopped. The truth is out there!
Old 09-20-2005, 12:22 AM

Apparently this crazy, bleeding heart, northeastern, tax-and-spend, flag-hating, unpatriotic, tin hat liberal didn't see the picture of the school busses.

BGC? Is this right?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/...lanco001.shtml

[ QUOTE ]
Hours after the hurricane hit Aug. 29, the Federal Emergency Management Agency announced a plan to send 500 commercial buses into New Orleans to rescue thousands of people left stranded on highways, overpasses and in shelters, hospitals and homes.

On the day of the storm, or perhaps the day after, FEMA turned down the state's suggestion to use school buses because they are not air conditioned, Blanco said Friday in an interview.

Even after levees broke and residents were crowding the Louisiana Superdome, then-FEMA Director Mike Brown was bent on using his own buses to evacuate New Orleans, Blanco said.

..Blanco...realized she had made a critical error.

"I assumed that FEMA had staged their buses in near proximity," she said. "I expected them to be out of the storm's way but accessible in one day's time."

It was late Wednesday. The buses wouldn't get to New Orleans until Thursday. By then, many of the sickest and the weakest were dead or dying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will O'Reilly or Hannity ever allow this information onto their programs?

[/ QUOTE ]

A probable no to that question.

If this is true, then consider the incredible spin we heard about Blanco making Bush wait to send the national guard into NO. Who makes that rubbish..
Old 09-20-2005, 02:16 AM

I believe the beef about the buses was "why didn't the state/local gov't use them to evacuate people beforehand, as their plans states they would?"
Old 09-20-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the beef about the buses was "why didn't the state/local gov't use them to evacuate people beforehand, as their plans states they would?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was the beef. Anyway I can't believe all the whining I hear from the righties about all this stuff, as if liberals or Democrats somehow think Blanco and the Republican Ray Nagin are somehow Great Americans who can do no wrong. The Katrina response was a cluster-f*** all around; it just showed that Bush is incompetent at running the government. And now he's losing conservatives as he tries to throw hundreds of billions are the problem.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the Republican Ray Nagin

[/ QUOTE ]
N.O. Mayor Ray Nagin is NOT a Republican.