Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Default 10/20 3-bet, fold to cap...yes/no/meh?

Button in this hand is too loose preflop, but pretty reasonable postflop, can raise for value. BB is a calling station, just plays his own cards.

5-handed PokerRoom 10/20

Preflop
1 fold, I raise in CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Button cold-calls, BB calls.

Flop (3.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, both call.

Turn (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, both call.

River (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, Button raises, BB cold-calls, I 3-bet, Button caps, BB cold-calls again, (18.75 BB) I fold...

Yeah, I only need to be good 5%, I dunno. Comments about all streets welcome.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: 10/20 3-bet, fold to cap...yes/no/meh?

Why do you 3-bet if you plan to fold to a cap? Wouldn't it be better to just show the hand down?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:04 AM

Did you factor in the value of all the money you tilt away after he triumphantly flips up Q6? I'd grudgingly call, but I think the 3bet is fine.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:07 AM

Please dont 3-bet and fold, it could potentially ruin your sleep at night. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 11:09 AM

What is with this line? Why does it seem like a lot posters are taking it? I personally hate it b/c your putting in 3 bets on the river and not seeing a showdown. In this case, I think you should not raise the river if you won't call the cap.

What do you put button on that your behind? I think he could be overplaying AQ/KQ here often enough that your call is manditory. I also think the river 3 bet is a great idea and I really like the way you played the hand up untill the river fold
Old 09-19-2005, 11:14 AM

This line makes sense but honestly I couldn't bring myself to fold to the cap so I'd just call the river raise.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:17 AM

Ok, thx for the perspective. I had just lost two similarly sized pots to backdoor heart flushes in the previous 20 hands ([img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), so perhaps I was biased at the time---though Button did indeed show A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the nuts. BB had the gorgeously misplayed 97o.

1 more question: what do you guys think of Button's peel on the flop? Standard or too loose getting 7.25:1?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 more question: what do you guys think of Button's peel on the flop? Standard or too loose getting 7.25:1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty close. Given his position and his opponents in this hand, I think it's fine but not necessarily standard.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thx for the perspective. I had just lost two similarly sized pots to backdoor heart flushes in the previous 20 hands ([img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), so perhaps I was biased at the time---though Button did indeed show A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the nuts. BB had the gorgeously misplayed 97o.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won a monster pot recently like this because I thought my a's were clean against AA [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 11:25 AM

When the third heart hits, I'm raised, and then BB calls 2 cold, I assume the fetal position and start rocking back and forth. Ok, maybe not quite, but I do just call the raise back to me.