Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 03:01 AM

Default odd line with TT - c/c turn/river

No solid numbers on Villian but he seems to vary his play a lot...some hands i've seen him play very lag postflop and some LP (ie: flat calling my button raise with AJ from the sb and c/c'ing the whole way down w/ ace high on k-9-2-T-k board).

If I bet this turn and get raised I have to call getting 8.5:1...I hate putting in 2 bets on this turn against a guy w/ no solid numbers.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 09-13-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: odd line with TT - c/c turn/river

looks goot.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:37 AM

I like leading the turn and calling a raise. Folding the river U/I. If he calls the turn you can check/call the river. If you hit your boat you are getting a c/r in more than 50% of the time and they are paying you off if they raised the turn.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like leading the turn and calling a raise. Folding the river U/I. If he calls the turn you can check/call the river. If you hit your boat you are getting a c/r in more than 50% of the time and they are paying you off if they raised the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2005, 04:46 AM

why check/call the river if you bet the turn and get called? the flush draw already came. if you check he'll only bet better hands and check behind worse ones, but if you bet he might still call without a diamond. check/calling is the worst line you can take on the river. either check/fold or bet/fold or bet/call, it's player dependent. you say he sometimes plays really loose passive postflop, so i think i'd bet/fold the river. after betting the turn.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:20 AM

i think we need to bet the turn and call a raise. if the board pairs you can c/r the river, if not i guess we're folding.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:10 PM

I would usually bet the turn so he doesn't hit a free diamond to split or hit a straight draw or something. I think checking has merit only against a player who will never take a free card with a weaker hand (i.e. he will value bet worse hands than yours or bluff turn). Your read is that he is LAG postflop, which means this is probably well played. It also stops you from folding best hand (I assume he is capable of bluff raising turn, yes?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:12 PM

Default results

[ QUOTE ]
I think checking has merit only against a player who will never take a free card with a weaker hand (i.e. he will value bet worse hands than yours or bluff turn). Your read is that he is LAG postflop, which means this is probably well played. It also stops you from folding best hand (I assume he is capable of bluff raising turn, yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Villian shows AsQh. MHIG.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:17 PM

I suck at poker...so my advice / opinion is -EV.

I play it the same.

Edit...

After reading the responses I can see why I suck at poker (I usually post before reading responses so there is some learning in it for me). So after looking at this and seeing other comments my response should have been:

Lead the turn, if you get raised I would fold. If you get called on the turn, lead the river, then call if you get raised.

My thinking on the bet/call on the river is that at that point the pot is BIG and could, for me, lead to a bit of tilt if he shows nothing.

Margon
Old 09-13-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lead the turn, if you get raised I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the one line that cannot have any merit at all regardless of your opponent.