Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Is suscribing to [url]www.sharpsportsbetting.com[/url] a good investment?

Assuming I have a bankroll to bet $400/game, and I know nothing about sportsbetting.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Is suscribing to [url]www.sharpsportsbetting.com[/url] a good investment?

I used that site to follow Pythagoras' NBA picks but those are free. Not sure how good it is for NFL and how much is it?

Indy
Old 09-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Is suscribing to [url]www.sharpsportsbetting.com[/url] a good investment?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
I used that site to follow Pythagoras' NBA picks but those are free. Not sure how good it is for NFL and how much is it?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can you find these? Their free NBA forum there seems to be closed down? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can you find these? Their free NBA forum there seems to be closed down? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can search the archives, the NBA page is down because its September.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming I have a bankroll to bet $400/game, and I know nothing about sportsbetting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting only $400 a game makes it a tight investment, but I can vouch for the site. You will be hard pressed to find so much good info compiled in one place.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:48 PM

"Betting only $400 a game makes it a tight investment"

Not if he decides to be at least half arsed about it, hit NWA lines, bonuses, free points, low vig etc.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:11 PM

Betting only $400 a game makes it a tight investment, but I can vouch for the site. You will be hard pressed to find so much good info compiled in one place.

So won't I be able to get 25% return this way on 40K/year? (I assumed I'd bet 1% of my sportsbetting BR). Also, how big are the drawdowns usually?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:55 AM

wasn't sure if you were talking college or pro.

but i used to subscribe to phil steele. ncsports.com or ncsport.com.... very, very detailed.

extremely intrigued by twominutewarning.com.... fantastic testimonials from very major media outlets... and explains things very well.

both those are $99 per year or something like that... phil steele is great for college but not that many NFL picks... two minute warning is NFL only but i like their free stuff (alot of it, except their picks aren't free).

gonna check out pythagorean this NBA season, as i think NBA should be fairly easy to win if someone has put in the work.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So won't I be able to get 25% return this way on 40K/year? (I assumed I'd bet 1% of my sportsbetting BR). Also, how big are the drawdowns usually?

[/ QUOTE ]

drawdowns? like writeups? usually pretty detailed although I dotn even read them anymore. I trust all the guys enough to just bet what they say.

yeah, i guess betting $400 a game makes it worthtwhile. I always used $500 as a rule of thumb with that price, but $400 you can pull profit.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:18 PM

What kind of subscription to SSB are you talking about? Just NFL, or everything?

The whole package is 1900. At 500 a bet, assuming a 50K BR, the package only needs to be worth 4 bets, no? Over a year, I would goddamn hope for 2K that I'm getting a 4 unit advantage.

I dont have the BR to spend 2K on a sportsbetting subscription, or anywhere near the BR to bet what is needed to bet enough to take advantage of it, and to top it off i dont know much at all about sportsbetting or the nfl. But with how good poker is going its something i would think about in a little bit.