Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 09:29 PM

Default AJs flops TPTK

Does the turn look good? Does the river look bad?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds
Old 09-01-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: AJs flops TPTK

Turn looks like a fold.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:42 PM

why? he is getting odds for his middle pair. On second thought, when an ace hits any queen makes a straight. hmm,
Old 09-01-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn looks like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks close but it could be. Just throwing out a range for an unknown given the flop flat-call, it's probably 99, AK, AQ, KQ. Of course some people get tricky here with AA, JJ, and TT but I'm not sure.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:47 PM

i lead the turn. If i get raised i would call and then prolly checkraise the river

i didnt relize the ten was there. i would prolly check call river
Old 09-01-2005, 09:49 PM

Yuck. I'm tempted to just call the flop here because there's so many cards on the turn that can spoil your hand on this draw-heavy board. I guess you c/r to try and weed out UTG-1 and MP-1.

I hate the king on the turn. At this point, you are only beating the CO if he holds AT, 99 or something lower such as 77. You might also be tieing him with AJ. But because you raised the flop, pot size means you have to call down.

(With this in mind) why bet the river? There's three other people in this pot, the ace has completed every single possible draw and you're now only winning if everyone has a low pocket pair, baby ace, KJ or AT. An argument can be made for a call down, but this bet is yuck.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:12 PM

If you're going to fold to a raise, why not check-call the river? To me, this is taking the bet/fold thing way too far.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to fold to a raise, why not check-call the river? To me, this is taking the bet/fold thing way too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I didn't notice that A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] put 4 to a straight on board as well as completed a flush draw, probably blinded by the fact I caught a shitty 2 pair.

For those saying call the flop, I think that's pretty bad. Yes our TPTK isn't the greatest one we could hope for but we are only 4 handed and rilly need to knock 'em out.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:57 PM

I might check-raise this flop too without thinking about it more carefully. But when I evaluate your chances by compairing your A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] texture of the board (not to mention the straight possibility), TPTK alone just isn't very strong. Make your A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and every one will say 'check-raise.'

Perhaps if you called the flop, and the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls, then you can go for it.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM

I think calling the flop is the way to go here