Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 03:37 PM

Default TPMK vs. Maniac and PF capper

Co is certifiable. Plays garbage and plays it weird. BB has not been in many pots with me yet so I have no read on him. I had no idea how to play the turn on.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: TPMK vs. Maniac and PF capper

I just call down here, and hope CO does not make this hand ugly.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:42 PM

I would bet the turn, you might still have the best hand and you need to charge on this drawy board.

btw, how many hands you got?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:49 PM

Not sure right now. I haven't looked at PT in days. I had to work all weekend so that's good for you. Probably ~22k but that's a very fuzzy number.

If you bet the turn and are raised, do you dump it? If called in both places, do you bet again on the river blank, or c/c? What about an A or K?

WiteKnite
Old 08-30-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure right now. I haven't looked at PT in days. I had to work all weekend so that's good for you. Probably ~22k but that's a very fuzzy number.

If you bet the turn and are raised, do you dump it? If called in both places, do you bet again on the river blank, or c/c? What about an A or K?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling the turn raise. even if he just calls I'm checking blank rivers, there is a good chance we are toast here.

I think we can fold to an A on the river but I'm check/calling everything else.

the turn bet is more about charging the draws than thinking we are ahead.

(and if it's 22k you are toast)
Old 08-30-2005, 04:33 PM

How toast is 22k?

WiteKnite
Old 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM

Being out of position like you are is lame. I'd rather not put in what would prob be at least 3+ BB by leading the turn without knowing a little better where I am at.

I think you need to 3-bet the flop and see if he caps or not. Against a standard 3/6 6maxer I wouldn't be surprised if he capped preflop and raised the flop with AA, KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ. With it being 3 handed and the CO showing no signs of folding for two more on the flop. I think your 3-bet culd help you get a little better idea as to what you are up against. I think most of the stuff you are ahead of or tied with will just call your flop 3-bet and you can safely lead a safe turn or reconsider/go into call down mode if you get capped.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being out of position like you are is lame. I'd rather not put in what would prob be at least 3+ BB by leading the turn without knowing a little better where I am at.

I think you need to 3-bet the flop and see if he caps or not. Against a standard 3/6 6maxer I wouldn't be surprised if he capped preflop and raised the flop with AA, KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ. With it being 3 handed and the CO showing no signs of folding for two more on the flop. I think your 3-bet culd help you get a little better idea as to what you are up against. I think most of the stuff you are ahead of or tied with will just call your flop 3-bet and you can safely lead a safe turn or reconsider/go into call down mode if you get capped.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't hate your line, but it still costs us 3bbs to get to show down.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:00 PM

Flop is fine if you check raise the turn when that rag hits after CO calls. If CO doesn't call then just call button down. If CO calls and BB re-raises your check raise, you can fold. If CO calls and BB just calls your check raise, you can check the river. CO should block BB's bet. If CO bets, you should raise???? or call.

Or am I just certifiable, myself.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is fine if you check raise the turn when that rag hits after CO calls. If CO doesn't call then just call button down. If CO calls and BB re-raises your check raise, you can fold. If CO calls and BB just calls your check raise, you can check the river. CO should block BB's bet. If CO bets, you should raise???? or call.

Or am I just certifiable, myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was intense. Sadly, I got lost.