Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:48 AM

Default The Donks Exist

I've got KK in MP. Blinds are 15/30, and I have like 1.2k, I raised preflop last hand and took it down on the flop. Idiot chip leader limps in EP. I have KK and raise to 180 folds to the blinds, SB is very short and pushes, BB has like 8k and overpushes, big stack calls, I push, big stack decides that this is a good time to start thinking, finally calls.

And the hands:

big stack: J6o
BB: 74o
SB: KQo

I won [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-30-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: The Donks Exist

Nobody cares, this is just forum clutter
Old 08-30-2005, 07:32 AM

Noah, I like your style.

Making new threads for posting donks' moves from $5 SNGs, and at the same time being the first poster to give advice on a mid-high-stakes NL forum's post, regarding a hand where hero's PF raise probably represents your entire bankroll.

I love 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 07:49 AM

I'm trying to improve my poker game, so I'm participating in discussions. I really think it's very rude to make fun of the stakes that somebody plays--I'm a college student, and I'm just not comfortable enough to risk a significant amount of money on poker. Please feel very encouraged to argue with any of my advice or plays that I've posted. Please stop making fun of me personally--or at least do it in a PM.

Sorry for making this post. I did it because 1) I thought it was funny and 2) I thought it was a good reply to the many threads in this forum entitled "10+1, fold QQ preflop here?" or something similar. Looking back it was a bad idea, so I hope citanul locks it so it doesn't clutter up the forums.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think it's very rude to make fun of the stakes that somebody plays

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER make fun of the stakes anybody plays. You misread my post. I have all the respect for any player in any level. As a matter of fact I actually suspect it's YOU who are making fun of the people who are playing $5 SNGs against you, otherwise - why post a hand and call your opponents "donks"?

About the advice you post here and elsewhere, there's really nothing wrong with posting it of course, although I must admit that sometimes it does somewhat amuses me to read (confident) advice by people who are obviously playing very very far below the stakes in discussion. I wonder why, for instance, you admit you play at very small games, but still you choose to read and post advice in the mid-high-stakes NLPL instead of in the small-stakes-NL forum?

In any case, I don't mean to offend or insult you. Keep posting.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why, for instance, you admit you play at very small games, but still you choose to read and post advice in the mid-high-stakes NLPL instead of in the small-stakes-NL forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno Mantis...the SSNL forum seems dubious, whereas the MHNL forum is probably the best on 2+2. I don't post there because I don't feel qualified to do so, but I do think I get a lot more out of reading it.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why, for instance, you admit you play at very small games, but still you choose to read and post advice in the mid-high-stakes NLPL instead of in the small-stakes-NL forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah def, everyone there knows their [censored]

I dunno Mantis...the SSNL forum seems dubious, whereas the MHNL forum is probably the best on 2+2. I don't post there because I don't feel qualified to do so, but I do think I get a lot more out of reading it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2005, 09:48 PM

dont you play the 10+1s? This is pretty standard play there.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:55 PM

No content post, but since you put it up there...

I think your initial preflop raise to 180 was a little too much. I'd raise to 100-120.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raised preflop last hand and took it down on the flop. Idiot chip leader limps in EP.

[/ QUOTE ]