Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Multitabling stud

Maybe I'm less experienced than y'all, but how the hell do you multi-table stud? I have a hard time keeping up with the players at one table, let alone the doorcards and subsequent cards. If I were multi-tabling, there's no way I would know what cards were dead or who was dead money.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Multitabling stud

I agree Cowboy, I find it hard to keep up with the action and players in one game let alone two.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:40 AM

I think the consensus is that most people don't or they do a table of HE and one of stud
Old 08-30-2005, 11:08 AM

I'll do 2 tables easy but 3 tables max because I'm folding a lot on 3rd. If I get a good hand that looks like I'll go deep, I'll just sit out the next hand on the other tables.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:35 AM

I usually do two tournaments at a time but I stagger the start times so while one is wrapping up the other is in the mid levels. I can therefore focus most of my attention on the mid-level since the short handed tournament has such high stakes there isn't a lot of significant play.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 PM

Again, do an archives search and you'll find a lot of discussion of this.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:53 PM

While some do this, you will play optimum stud if you stick to 1 table and focus totally on that, otherwise too much info can be lost when playing 2-4 at same time. Better to do well at 1 thing than do poorly or mediocre at two things.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While some do this, you will play optimum stud if you stick to 1 table and focus totally on that, otherwise too much info can be lost when playing 2-4 at same time. Better to do well at 1 thing than do poorly or mediocre at two things.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said previously, most people on here say they don't multitable well, but the interesting thing about online poker is that it isn't necessarily better to do well at 1 thing. If you normally average 3BB/hr at one table it is better to play two tables even if it drops your rate on each table down to 2BB/hr. This is further compounded if you are getting rakeback or clearing a bonus because you are playing twice as many hands with which to clear/rack up the rake.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:59 PM

I've been doing 3 tables, and that's with annoying overlap. I just got two 2001FPs delivered yesterday though as well as a new system, so I'm going to be doing 4 tables of Stud for the time being.

I use a number system for counting dead cards. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it just makes it a lot easier for me. It helps that I only play 1/2-3/6 so often there's only two dead cards by 5th st [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The only thing I advise though is that it requires 100% focus. With HoldEm I was able to multitable while paying attention to a movie or a book or something, but with Stud I have to be focused at all times on every table. Get some headphones and drown everything else out.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:38 PM

if you're playing 1/2 or 2/4 at party, crypto or pacific the players are giving away way too much on a basic level to need to keep track dead cards much past the cards that concern your hand. Also, at that level, you really only need to identify the 1-2 better players and the 1-2 worse players. I used to to 4, now ususally 2 and 1-2 holdem. 4 now just makes crazy in around 15 min. But still 20% of hands with 4 tables still means that you'll be watching more than you'll be playing 2 hands at once.